We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass

Which Rice Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa City, Iowa
Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass

Hi!

Would like to plan a fishing trip this Spring to NW Wisconsin and need some insight about best lakes to fish for bass-large and smallmouth. Thanks! Dan

3 replies to this topic
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
1. Re: Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass

http://www.washburncounty.com/fish.htm

bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/…

wiscnorthlandoutdoors.com/wisconsinnorthland…

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
2. Re: Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass

We used to live in Hayward and still get back frequently. While I'm not a bass-specific fisherman, I always enjoyed fishing Lac Courte Oreilles 15-20 minutes outside of Hayward. It has a very diverse fishery, including bass. Angler's Haven is one of the few remaining traditional fishing resorts in the area with great cabins and a wonderful old bar/restaurant. The lake has an extremely diverse structure from bays to bars to super deeps. You can have a good time there and also learn the lake quickly because of the well-defined structure, as opposed to neighboring Grindstone that's a bit more difficult to master.

Have fun.

Evanston, Illinois
reviews: 25
3. Re: Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass

Just FYI, the northern bass zone in Wisconsin generally is catch and release only until early June, to allow fish to finish spawning in the colder part of the state. I suggest you check the WI Department of Natural Resources website for official regulations and boundaries of the northern bass zone. Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior between Ashland and Washburn is fairly well-known for Spring-time smallmouth fishing, but you might need a local quide to get you on the fish, as there's quite a bit of water out there. For inland water, some of the smaller, less developed lakes have phenomenal bass fishing, particularly in Spring. On the lake I fish, it's hard to get your lure wet with out getting a largemouth stuck on it. Of course being a fisherman, I can't tell you where exactly that lake is...

Reply to: Best lakes to fish in NW Wisonsin for bass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rice Lake