We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OshKosh air show 2013

Which Oshkosh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
reviews: 1
OshKosh air show 2013

We arrive in Madison on July 28th and get car for OshKosh. Can anyone advise appopriate people to contct for accommodation. Also can one/ has to one buy tickets for the show on line. Hope someone can help me. thanks

15 replies to this topic
Janesville...
reviews: 43
1. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

You can go to www.airventure.org and get a lot of information. There is information regarding accommodations also. However, you should make reservations ASAP. The Airventure attracts ALOT of people and hotels get sold out early.

Have fun, it is so much fun at the Airventure.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 29
2. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Are you looking to camp at the EAA on their grounds or are you looking for hotels in Oshkosh?

You should be able to find answers to your questions here: http://www.airventure.org/ .

Wisconsin
reviews: 129
3. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

You can buy tickets at the gate but it is cheaper and can save time if you buy them online. Lines can get long. Do accommodations soon. Things full up very fast.

perth
4. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Thanks everyone, Did find that official post for the Airshow and am on to accom now. Thanks again

Oshkosh, WI
5. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Most hotels are probably already booked. If you are unable to find a hotel. The University rents out the dorm rooms and there are many houses that can be rented for the week also.

Edited: 4:43 pm, March 21, 2013
6. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

If one person is a member of eaa they can buy up to 7 additional tickets at the discounted rate. Also, if you buy online you get 4$ off each ticket. The way they do it at osk kosh is if you get there before the show starts and leave early.you will pay for the full week plus the days you arrive early, however when you leave they scan your bracelet and they will credit your card back for the days that you are not there...

7. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

If one person is a member of eaa they can buy up to 7 additional tickets at the discounted rate. Also, if you buy online you get 4$ off each ticket. The way they do it at osk kosh is if you get there before the show starts and leave early.you will pay for the full week plus the days you arrive early, however when you leave they scan your bracelet and they will credit your card back for the days that you are not there...

Canberra (capital...
reviews: 52
8. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Hi, what are the options for travelling to the airshow from O'Hare please? Hire car is one, but for a very tired traveler driving on the wrong side of the road it may not be the best idea.

Edited: 8:47 pm, July 27, 2013
Wisconsin
reviews: 141
9. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Oh Dear, you're running out of time to get this set up! As I hope you know, it's quite a long drive (three hours) from O'Hare to Oshkosh. When you say a "hire car", do you mean renting a car? I assume you were planning on renting a car for your trip as Wisconsin (and most parts of the US) don't have mass transit systems like other parts of the world. We're very reliant on our personal cars. There may be a bus line, such as Greyhound or Badger bus. I'd suggest spending the night in Chicago and tackling it the next day with a car rental. Or there are also a number of limo/van services from O'Hare to Wisconsin cities, I'm not sure if they'll go to Oshkosh. I imagine they would for the right price.

I'm sorry I can't offer more assistance but maybe someone else can shortly.

If that's not at all what you had planned, there is a train from Chicago to Milwaukee (Amtrak), but I've only taken it from downtown Milwaukee to downtown Chicago. You could try posting in the Chicago forum to see if people have advice to get to Milwaukee. I tend to see this as a Chicago to Milwaukee to Oshkosh issue. Are you in contact with other EAA members who may also be flying in?

Canberra (capital...
reviews: 52
10. Re: OshKosh air show 2013

Hi FTG, thanks, this is my best friend who decided yesterday to go!. He went about 10 years ago and so has an idea of the issues, including that he will be very tired upon arrival at Chicago.

He has hired a car and now wants me to book a hotel room at O'Hare. I was hoping there was a way to get there some other way apart from driving as he's on a tight time schedule. Oh well. I'll try to find a cheap hotel near Ohare which has a shuttle. Thanks again.

Reply to: OshKosh air show 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted