We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any bus service to Minocqua?

Which Minocqua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palatine, Illinois
reviews: 56
Any bus service to Minocqua?

DD would like to visit friends in the area this winter and can't drive the 6 hours by herself. I was hoping there might be bus service to the area from either Chicago or Milwaukee. The closest I can see is Greyhound service to Wausau, which is not very close. Any other compnaies I should search?

5 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Any bus service to Minocqua?

Here is a map of intercity bus routes in Wisconsin from the Dept of Transportaion. …wisconsin.gov/travel/…icbus-map.pdf

This indicates no bus service to Minocqua, sad isn't it?

Palatine, Illinois
2. Re: Any bus service to Minocqua?

Thanks for the link. A big empty section for the Northwoods, the destination for so many!

Minocqua, Wisconsin
reviews: 24
3. Re: Any bus service to Minocqua?

I am so sorry....no bus service to Minocqua :(

Minocqua Area Chamber of Commerce

Palatine, Illinois
4. Re: Any bus service to Minocqua?

Thanks for your response. It is very smart of the Chamber to monitor this forum!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
5. Re: Any bus service to Minocqua?

I was just looking for this information, too!!!! I would suggest the Chamber contact either Badger Bus or Megabus to initiate service from Chicago or Milwaukee to Minocqua. Even though I have a car, there are times when a family member is up there already and it would be great just to take a direct bus there and not have to have another car as we would drive back at the same time.

Also, I have a daughter in Chicago and there is no need for her to have a car (expensive parking and ample public transportation). I would love to have her join us for weekends up north. Perhaps they could try it for big holiday weekends i.e. Memorial Day or the long 4th of July weekend.

We would be willing to pay a lot for this service.

The bus service to Wausau takes FOREVER from Chicago - lots of stops and, it is, well, only as far as WAusau.

Reply to: Any bus service to Minocqua?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Minocqua