We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Places to Eat....

Which Minocqua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
reviews: 20
Good Places to Eat....

Hi,

My family has been coming up North my whole life. Can you give some new ideas for resturants, especially breakfast. Also places to get drinks!

Thanks,

Melissa

10 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
reviews: 11
1. Re: Good Places to Eat....

We were just at the Minocqua Brewing on Saturday and were impressed with the beer and the food. Great location by the lake and the bar area is really cozy with couches and chairs by the windows overlooking the lake. Four of us each had something different on the food menu and everything was good. Not sure if they open for breakfast - we were there for lunch.

St. Louis
reviews: 61
2. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Minocqua Brewing is a good choice! The Island Café (downtown) is excellent for breakfast and lunch!~! The Northern Café (just north of town on Hwy 51) could be an entertaining venue. They used to serve the 2+2+2+2 … 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bacon and 2 Buds! Northwood’s B-fast for sure! The “Outdoorsman” in Boulder Junction is a great B-fast choice!!!

Drinks .. I can’t help much for the Minocqua area.. but further Up North (as well as in Minocqua) there are unlimited depending on your interests.

Smokey’s in Manitowish Waters is excellent for a higher end dinner. Service is great and the “bar” serves an excellent drink.

Get back if we can help.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
3. Re: Good Places to Eat....

http://www.paulbunyans.com/minocqua/ Paul Bunyan's is always a fun choice. It's definitely a great breakfast option (lunch and dinner, too).

Edited: 1:59 pm, August 15, 2012
Branson, Missouri
reviews: 39
4. Re: Good Places to Eat....

I found several good places to eat on my recent visit. Others have mentioned Minocqua Brewing, and I would agree that it is a good place to stop (the perch sandwich with sweet potato fries was wonderful). Matt Morgan's was very good too, with great service, food, and view of the lake (it's right on the lake). Island Cafe is great for breakfast as is Paul Bunyans.

A pleasant surprise was Hoggie Doggie's Snack Shack in Woodruff (at junction of Hwy 47 and J, just northeast of Minocqua). A nice throw-back to old-fashioned, no-nonsense walk-up snack hut, great food, and the best customer service ever! Popular place, but they move them through quickly and with a smile. My only regret was that I found this on my last day, so I didn't have a chance to go again.

Orland Park...
5. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Thanks for the info Solo!!

Lac du Flambeau...
reviews: 186
6. Re: Good Places to Eat....

The Black Bear Bar on Hwy 70 has a great breakfast as well as Lake Placid Inn on Hwy F. The cinnamon roll french toast at Placid is amazing!

Orland Park...
7. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Thanks for answering!

Minocqua, Wisconsin
reviews: 15
8. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Melissa~

You can get a Minocqua Area Destination Guide that has many area resturants noted! There is also a Dining Guide with actual menus listed. You could contact the Minocqua Area Chamber of Commerce and they will gladly send them out to you! www.Minocqua.org. is the website (you can request info there.) Or email macc@minocqua.org.

Orland Park...
9. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Thanks so much!!

Arbor Vitae, Wi
reviews: 19
10. Re: Good Places to Eat....

Best breakfast in the Northwoods is The Northern Cafe. Right on Hwy 51 in Arbor Vitae. For dinner we recommend The Four Seasons, good food, good drinks, great value. Best fancier restaurant is The Blue Bayou. Wonderful!

Reply to: Good Places to Eat....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Minocqua