We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingsford, Michigan
Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Can anyone describe lawn seating at Summerfest? I have tickets to the Eagles but it is lawn seating. They appear to be assigned seats? Also, is it true that you cannot bring in lawnchairs? Do they sell them there or does lawn really mean lawn? Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Lawn really does mean lawn. You definitely can not bring lawn chairs in. I hope this link will get you to the FAQs at summerfest.com http://www.summerfest.com/event-info/faq

You will see that not much is allowed to be carried in. Many people bring in a small blanket or beach towel to at least cover the ground. The lawn seating is at the top of a fairly steep hill, so it would not really be practical to sit on lawn chairs anyway. You will not have an assigned seat in the lawn section. It is first come first served. None of the seating up there is real great, so there is no reason in my mind to rush into the amphitheater real early. I would enjoy the food and music on the grounds and go in maybe 45 minutes to an an hour before show time.

I suggest you take some time to read more information on the website to make your Summerfest experience more enjoyable. That includes info on getting to the grounds. Parking can be expensive and a real pain. Shuttles or buses are much better options. Summerfest can be a great experience, but it is large and can get crowded, so it can also be overwhelming.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 3
2. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

You will be sitting on a hill up behind the reserved seating. It is not covered seating so if it rains you'll get wet. I have done the lawn seating a few times and liked it. I took an old blanket to sit on. Your tickets to the Eagles will get you into the Summerfest grounds. So I second what PRZYK says, come early and enjoy the food and music on the rest of the grounds.

Kingsford, Michigan
3. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Thank you!

Kingsford, Michigan
4. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Thank you

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
5. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

Feel free to come back if you have any other questions about Milwaukee like lodging or whatever, or any other Summerfest questions.

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

I've moved to Cincinnati about 3 years ago and my wife and I will be visiting Summerfest this year. Her first time, my millionth. :) There have been some changes, so 2 questions. Does Summerfest still have fireworks every night? Are there still handstamps for lawn seating @ Marcus?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
7. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

I believe Summerfest only has fireworks on opening night.

Most, if not all of the shows at the Marcus require purchase of lawn seats. You can go to Ticketmaster to see if seats, lawn or otherwise are still available for any show you may be interested in.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 51
8. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

If you get to Summerfest when it opens (and pay to get in), I believe that you can try for free wristbands to the Marcus shows.

Although they aren't part of Summerfest, Milwaukee also has a big fireworks display at the Lakefront on July 3.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
9. Re: Summerfest: Lawn Seating

I believe the days of the free lawn seating at the Marcus are over. I know they introduced paid general admission for lawn seating several years ago for some of the bigger shows that they expected to sell out. When they first introduced it some of the less popular shows were still free lawn seating. Looking at summerfest.com and Ticketmaster they are selling lawn seats for about $45 plus ticketmaster fees, of course. I didn't look at all the shows, but I don't think any are free anymore.

The price includes admission to the Summrefest grounds, so at least there's that.

Reply to: Summerfest: Lawn Seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted