We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milwaukee dining

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 93
Milwaukee dining

travelwisconsin.com/blog/…

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
1. Re: Milwaukee dining

I've heard lots of good things about Blue's and look forward to dining there soon.

On Sunday I picked up a 2:1 for the Clock Shadow Creamery and looking forward to that along with a trip across the street to the Milwaukee Brewing Company.

Here's the link to the Living Social deal to the cheese factory (with free cheese curds too!): livingsocial.com/deals/620972-cheese-making-… .

Thanks for sharing!.

Brookfield...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Milwaukee dining

Fortunately, the article left out several other places that I'm hearing great things about, but are almost impossible to get into. Milwaukee can definitely hold its own against any city when it comes to new and creative food offerings.

Edited: 9:12 am, March 27, 2013
Wisconsin
reviews: 129
3. Re: Milwaukee dining

Thanks Hatch, I needed the extra help, reading it now. I'm trying to find something for Mother's Day evening and keep feeling, been there etc. Some places I want to try are closed Monday's others are only doing brunch, not dinner that night. They mention a few that I hadn't checked on TA, but now I'll go back. Always wanted to try Blue's but we want dinner.

So, is Chop House worth the money? Considering it, sounds very good and I want something special, but wonder about Kil@wat or Mason Street instead. I'm not a HUGE steak fan, but the guys would like it. It's hard to find a menu that's interesting and includes some other types along with the steaks. Want more than a Pub/Grill, not Italian (love it, but have had a lot lately), we also love seafood but just spent 9 days eating it on our trip to Destin, FL that we just returned from.

So Husker, any other suggestions? We'd like to stay in the downtown area if possible. We've got people form various areas coming in so that would be nice and central.

SIGH, or closed Sundays--include The Noble, along with Triskele's and a couple others I don't remember.

Edited: 1:49 pm, May 11, 2013
Wisconsin
4. Re: Milwaukee dining

AND C188 is closed on Sundays. Darn, I just can't get a break here! I thought between those three I'd have something. Anyone want to take pity on a Poor Mom and give me some advice?

Brookfield...
5. Re: Milwaukee dining

Mason Street is my favorite downtown restaurant and they have more than just steak. Rumpus Room has a very eclectic menu that is also excellent. If you really want to splurge, check out Bacchus.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
6. Re: Milwaukee dining

I don't know if you would be interested in French food, but I recently went to Chez Jacques and had a great meal. I was there on a Sunday evening and it was very quiet. I don't know if that would be true on Mother's Day. http://chezjacques.com/default.html

Wisconsin
7. Re: Milwaukee dining

Thanks, Mason Street was on my list, seems like it be similar to Chop House at a lower cost. Yes French sounds interesting and I had looked at the pictures of Rumpus Room and judged that book by its cover. I thought it'd be pub food. I'll check it out.

Considered Bacchus, thinking it's in about the same price range and experience as Chop. Our daughter/son-in-law's reception was at the Hilton City Center last year so I have a soft spot for it. (BTW, the service and food was outstanding if anyone's looking for a recommendation.)

Brookfield...
8. Re: Milwaukee dining

Rule of thumb regarding downtown Milwaukee restaurants. If its operated by Marcus or Bartolottas, it's going to be great. Food, service and ambience are always excellent.

Wisconsin
9. Re: Milwaukee dining

I've thought the same thing about Marcus and Bartolottas. Leaning towards Mason Street. I'm not a huge eater and I'd probably feel too guilty asking the family to pay for Bacchus or Chop House. Rumpus and Chez were a tad too eclectic for me.

I'm a bit conservative when it comes to eating, don't mind some interesting combinations or trying some new things but as it's a special day, I want to err on the side of even-a-fussy-eater-will-be-happy. We just ate out for DH's birthday, tried a place that had undergone some changes, was disappointing. As it's also my birthday in addition to Mother's Day I don't want two bad meals in a row.

Hey Hatch, thanks for letting me hijack this post, but I figure it will help a lot of others along the way too.

Wisconsin
10. Re: Milwaukee dining

Did Mason Street thanks SO much for encouraging us. I'll write a review soon, wonderful experience, they went above and beyond to help us with an issue that wasn't their fault and the food was incredible.