We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atascocita, Texas
Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

Me and group of 8 college alumni buddies will be coming into Milwaukee in June to see a Brewers game, check out son breweries and hang out/bar hop. We will be taking a train in from Chicago and will not have a car so, we will take public transportation and taxi. Where should we stay thats close to the ballpark and nightlight?

Thanks

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
1. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

You want to stay downtown for sure. You will need to get a ride to Miller Park. For 8 people a limo might be as cheap as 2 taxis, idk. You might be able to find a shuttle from a bar too.

The ALoft might be a good choice. There is also a Marriott Residence Inn downtown that may have bigger rooms. The intercontinental would be another good location, but really any downtown hotel would do.

There are a few advertised as downtown hotels, like the Days Inn on north 6th street and the Ambassador, which are not really downtown so avoid those, but otherwise any downtown hotel would be good for restaurants and nightlife.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 55
2. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

I agree with the recommendation of staying DT.

If you don't want to take a taxi, you can check out the bus routes at www.ridemcts.com

Atascocita, Texas
3. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

Thanks I was looking at the Ambassador but, I'm glad you told me it was no where near downtown. My group is checking out all the baseball parks in america doing a few a each year. This is a our third trip and were seeing both chicago parks and the brewers.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
4. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

The Ambasador is a nice hotel, but it's about a mile west of downtown in a neighborhood you really don't want to be walking around at night.

I know they shuttle guests around, but that's probably not ideal for a large group of guys.

If there is a possibility of driving up here I don;t believe the Ambassador charges for parking and then you could drive to Miller Park. Tailgating is a big part of the Miller park experience.

When in June are you coming? Do you have the date set? Summer week ends in Milwaukee can get pretty busy. I think Summerfest starts the last week of June.

Edited: 4:06 pm, February 24, 2013
Atascocita, Texas
5. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

June 23 is the game date and were heading by to Chicago June 24th

Brookfield...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

The aloft is close to both the bars on both Water and Old World Third Streets. There's a brand new Hilton Garden Inn downtown that has been running some great deals, so you might want to check it out too. Its going to be closest to the train station and bars and restaurants in the Third Ward. Per pryzk's note, Summerfest begins two days later, so rates may be higher everywhere.

Edited: 10:29 pm, February 24, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 45
7. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

As the others have said, stay downtown. The #90 bus runs on gamedays and goes down Wisconsin Ave/Bluemound Rd. between downtown and Miller Park. Also, a number of bars downtown run shuttles to the games, so you may be able to go in for a drink, then take the shuttle instead of a cab.

Edited: 2:38 pm, February 25, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

If you're looking to go out to college type places, the stretch is on Water Street between State and Juneau. The other popular places to go out are Milwaukee Street (between Wisconsin and Mason) and the Third Ward. Milwaukee Street and the Third Ward are more "dress code" type places, so I would suggest Water Street for you guys. The closest hotel to there is the Intercontinental. -Hotel Metro is on Milwaukee Street and has a cool rooftop deck open to the public in the summer if there isn't a private party booked. Ball players tend to stay at the Pfister Hotel. County Clare is also a cool hotel with an Irish Pub in it. The good bar to hit up after the game is Milwaukee Nights Bar, not far from Miller Park by cab. milwaukeenights.com is also an excellent source for things in Milwaukee.

Oconomowoc WI
reviews: 47
9. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

Chad, what Frat? Could make a difference. There are local national frats in Milwaukee. Otherwise I may also have other suggestions for you. Let me know if you guys want help from a local

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
10. Re: Going to a Brewers game in June. Need ideas on where to stay

Where was there mention of a frat in this old post?