We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheese factory or tour

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ohio
cheese factory or tour

Will be in milwaukee and driving south to Chicago in a few months. I would love to see a cheese factory or some behind the scenes type of tour, something of that nature. I have googled and googled but it seems the southeast corner of W just aint where they are. The closest is about an hour due west from Milwaukee and the others I find are WAY out of the way. I see some nice cheese stores, but Im not looking for a store. Anyone know of any suggestions for me?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
1. Re: cheese factory or tour

www.wisconline.com/attractions/cheese.html your best bet is Widmer's in Theresa which comes up 54 minutes between Milwaukee and Theresa.

Edited: 10:32 am, January 28, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
2. Re: cheese factory or tour

Gibbsville Cheese in Sheboygan Falls comes up 58 min. from Milwaukee. Both this and the one above offer tours.

http://www.widmerscheese.com/

http://gibbsvillecheese.com/

the best cheese anything is Monroe, WI which has a plethora of cheese places and would be worth the side trip:

wistravel.com/cities_in_wisconsin/…

Edited: 10:37 am, January 28, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
3. Re: cheese factory or tour

savorwisconsin.com/AllListings/detail.asp… try this website for Gibbsville Cheese instead

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 17
4. Re: cheese factory or tour

If you haven't run across it already, there is this "Cheese Trail" article on the Dept. of Tourism website: travelwisconsin.com/Great_Cheese_Trail.aspx

And I'll put in a second plug for Widmer's in Theresa - it's small, but has been my favorite cheese place since I was a child and would visit my grandma's home in that village.

Edited: 1:15 pm, January 28, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5. Re: cheese factory or tour

A new creamery has opened in downtown Milwaukee that has a behind the scenes/how its made tour as well as shop for all things Wisconsin Cheese. Info below:

Clock Shadow Creamery

538 S. 2nd Street

Milwaukee, WI 53204

Region: Downtown

Phone: (414) 273-9711

Fax: (414) 273-9711

6. Re: cheese factory or tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 30, 2014