We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet malls

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
Outlet malls

Are there any outlet malls in the Milwaukee area where we could buy a biker leather jacket? Probably within the 2-3 hour radius of milwaukee.

Any Tangen malls close by? (I think that's what they are called)

Thanks.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
140 reviews
21. Re: Outlet malls

There are a few restaurants you should try if you're in Milwaukee. Kopps or Leons for custard. Some love Kopps burgers (not me), you may wish to try Sobelmann's for a burger. There are also the German restaurants like Karl Ratsch's. You should also have a brat (bratwurst) while you're here. Try the Restaurant listing up on the top left for more reviews.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
22. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks. you have been very helpful.I appreciate all your help.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
492 posts
4 reviews
23. Re: Outlet malls

Are you looking for a genuine Harley jacket? Personally, I wouldn't make the hour+ one way drive to any of the outlets unless you're looking to do other shopping. There are several Harley dealers with great clothing selections in the Milwaukee area. Hal's HD, Suburban Motors, House of Harley, Milwaukee HD, even the store at the airport has a decent selection and prices.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
24. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks for all the information. I think we will probably try one of the places you have suggested. No other reason to go to the mall. Might as well save the gas money. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sure my husband will be able to find something at one of those shops.

Thanks again!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
140 reviews
25. Re: Outlet malls

Ooh Clipper, even with all those wonderful shops out there?! I'm a huge fan of outlets, but only go there once or twice a year. You're a stronger woman than I.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
26. Re: Outlet malls

Good comment! I can say that because I'm not familiar with the outlet mall. If I knew what was there I might not say that. LOL! So now I'm curious as to what the wonderful shops are.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
140 reviews
27. Re: Outlet malls

Clipper, that way likes madness! What about the old "If I don't know what I'm missing, I'll never miss it" idea? Well, I can post a link and you can decide if you want to follow it. I also need to clarify, there are two areas near the Illinois/Wisconsin border. Gurnee, Illinois has an outlet area not too far from the Wisconsin one, near Kenosha.

Locals may lump them together. However, the Wisconsin one is much larger and nicer. It can be called Kenosha or Pleasant Prairie, the two communities are close together so we often incorrectly use the name interchangeably. You can tell from the link that it's actually the Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlet Mall. www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Here's what they say on the website:Find impressive savings at Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Coach, Gap Outlet, Hugo Boss, J.Crew, Juicy Couture, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sony and many more.

It's a huge area, there'd be some stores DH may be interested in, or he can sit somewhere and play with his phone, as mine tends to do. Seriously, if you have limited time in the area and it's not a big interest, it may not be worth it. However, many visitors don't have access to outlet malls and enjoy going to them on vacation. Your call.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
28. Re: Outlet malls

Okay, I'm in!! YOu got me at the the Gap and Anne Taylor. We have no outlet malls close to us, so I think I better be stopping. Thanks for the link and all the information. Can't wait to do some major shopping. I'm sure the savings are substancial. Better find out what my limit is to bring back over the boarder.

29. Re: Outlet malls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 04, 2014