We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet malls

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
Outlet malls

Are there any outlet malls in the Milwaukee area where we could buy a biker leather jacket? Probably within the 2-3 hour radius of milwaukee.

Any Tangen malls close by? (I think that's what they are called)

Thanks.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
11. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks for your help! We will check it out.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
22 reviews
12. Re: Outlet malls

If you are visiting Feb 8-10, you can attend the Chicago International Motorcycle Show in Rosemont, IL, which is just outside Chicago and within your 2-3 hour limit from MIlwaukee. Lots of motorcycle clothes for sale.

Very specifically, what kind of motorcycle jacket are you looking for? I don't think you'll have luck at an outlet mall. You;d have better luck shopping on the internet.

You might want to check Blaine's Farm & Fleet, which has reasonably priced jackets.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
13. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks for your information. Unfortunetly we aren't coming until April. We would of loved to have seen the bike show.

we are looking for a riding coat. we will check out Blaines farm and fleet.

Thanks so much!

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
14. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks so very much for all your helpful information.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
22 reviews
15. Re: Outlet malls

Well, you stumped me with the riding coat, because that means different things-it could mean a floor-length leather duster, or a mid-length jacket.

Before you start driving around looking for one, show a photo of what you want to the folks at the nearest motorcycle dealership. They will probably know where to buy one.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
16. Re: Outlet malls

That's great advice. Thanks for your help.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
140 reviews
17. Re: Outlet malls

I love the outlets, here's my take on it. Tops would be Pleasant Prairie/Gurnee. Huge selection, good deals. Johnson Creek isn't as large, and a similar distance from Milwaukee, Tanger Outlet is at the Wisconsin Dells. I haven't been there for a few years, but I've found Tanger outlet malls to be lowers in selection and quality than other outlet malls. There's also an outlet mall in Oshkosh, WI, north west of Milwaukee but it's NOT worth the trip. Very spread out, mediocre selection.

Unless you need to go west of Milwaukee (like if you were going to Madison), I'd strongly suggest heading down to Pleasant Prairie. BTW, different companies manage the outlets. That's why you'll hear about Tanger, Premium, Simon etc. Some have higher end stores (like the Pleasant Prairie one), others at the lower end, like the one in Oshkosh.

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
18. Re: Outlet malls

Thanks, I think we will just focus on going to Pleasand Prairie on one of the days we have our car rental.

Could you give us any suggestions for restaurants. Where do the locals go for good food at a resonable price?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,356 posts
55 reviews
19. Re: Outlet malls

What kind of food do you like and what's your idea of reasonable?

For Thai, we like Singha Thai

For Mexican, La Perla or Botanos

For Indian, Mayura

Wainwright, Alberta
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
20. Re: Outlet malls

You got us dead on!

We love all 3. Are they all downtown, as that is probably where we will be booking our hotel.