We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport Ia
reviews: 2
best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Going to visit Marquette. Looking at the hotel sites available and wondering where is the best place to stay. Anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

You could stay at the Ambassador which is a nicely remodeled old art deco hotel a few blocks west of the Marquette campus and probably the most convenient hotel for walking around the campus.

But, this is about a mile west of downtown, so if you want to be in the downtown area where you can walk to restaurants you might try the Doubletree or Hilton. From there you could still walk to the Marquette campus and downtown eateries.

Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 122
2. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Since you will have your car and Marquette allows free parking passes to visitors in their parking structure you will most likely want to pick a hotel that doesnot charge you for parking. Most downtown hotels charge for parking. The airport area, Wauwatosa and Brookfield are all within a 10- 20 minute drive of the campus and also offer more options to choose from.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 77
3. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

The Crowne Plaza in Wauwatosa is a just a short drive west of Marquette on Wisconsin Ave. It is a great hotel, plenty of free parking, very nice area near all the healthcare campuses, zoo and the mall.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
4. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

I would also suggest the Ambassador or somewhere downtown, such as the Hilton or the Pfister. What does your budget look like? I can offer a couple of wallet friendly suggestions if that's a concern.

As a Marquette alum and current Milwaukee resident, the fact that the campus was situated in the middle of the city was a huge part of the appeal for me. Because of that, I wouldn't suggest staying in the suburbs - you'll get the full experience staying downtown. Milwaukee is a very unique city and in my opinion, almost a best kept secret. Because it is a mid-sized city, it is easy to get around, but there is still so much to do and see. My friends from Chicago always like coming to visit.

If you have any questions about Marquette, feel free to contact me. I graduated in 2011, got a job, moved downtown, and love it!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
5. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Also, I forgot to mention, several hotels downtown have special promotions for Marquette. The Admissions office would have more information about this.

Wausau, Wisconsin
reviews: 114
6. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Ambassador does offer a Marquette rate. I believe the owner is also an alum.

Mn
reviews: 33
7. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

We are visiting Marquette also in a couple weeks. We decided on the Doubletree due to the positive reviews here. We've stayed out in the burbs the last couple years, but traffic was a downer.

Brookfield...
reviews: 3
8. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

There is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn downtown. It's beautiful, in a late 1800's building that was restored and they have been running a ton of $99 promotions. It's about 12 blocks from Marquette.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
9. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

Since the Hilton Garden Inn is located on the east side of downtown and Marquette is west of downtown I would not recommend it for a Marquette visit.

Brookfield...
reviews: 3
10. Re: best hotel in downtown close to Marquette

It's not really "east side" since only a block and half east of the river. It's not something I'd walk between, especially today, but it's only a 2 minute drive. Plus, they're running some incredible promotions and its beautiful inside.