We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wainwright, Alberta
reviews: 2
Where to stay?

we are comint to Milwaukee in april to visit the harley davidson museum and the river walk. Any recommendations as to where to stay would be appreciated. We would like something convienant to these places. Budget places only please. And any other recommendations as to what to see please. Never been here before. Thanks.

Wainwright, Alberta
11. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks very much. Looking forward to dining there.

Would you happen to know if there are any must see's in the surrounding area. Say within an hour or so. We may rent a car and do some sightseeing.

Thanks again!

Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 118
12. Re: Where to stay?

30 minutes north are 2 nice small towns Cedarburg and Port Washington. Port Washington is on Lake Michigan and celebrates fishing heritage. Has a nice pier that you can walk out on to the old art deco lighthouse.

Cedarburg is a quaint old town with stagecoach history. Lots of antique shops boutiques coffe shops and restaurants. Also in Cedarburg is Wisconsin 's only remaining covered. Ridge.

A different option if you have an interest in Native American history is an area about 45 minutes west of Milwaukee in the Fort Atkinson area. aztalan state Park is archeological site of ancient civilization . Nearby to that is the Milton House a stage coach inn and site of the underground railroad with a hidden tunnel you can see. And also worth seeing is another Native American site Lake Koshkonong Effigy Mounds County Park that features a very short walk ing loop through a wooded area with about a dozen Indain effigy mounds

Wainwright, Alberta
13. Re: Where to stay?

Wow, so much history. My husband loves things like that, so thank's very much. Look's like we will be renting a car for sure. I really appreciate all the information.

Thanks again!

Brookfield...
reviews: 3
14. Re: Where to stay?

There's a brand new Hilton Garden Inn at Broadway and Michigan that just opened. It's in a beautifully restored late 1800's building. They've been running a lot of $99 per night promotions. Close to a lot of things, including the Third Ward and Milwaukee Public Market.

Wainwright, Alberta
15. Re: Where to stay?

That sounds fantastic. Thanks very much for that. I will go to there web site and check it out. we definetly want something central to downtown. Thanks very,very much!

Wainwright, Alberta
16. Re: Where to stay?

What is the Third Ward?

Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 4
17. Re: Where to stay?

The Third Ward is a warehouse district just south of downtown, but for all practical purposes is downtown.

Many of the buildings have been converted into retail, restaurants, bars, and condos.

If you check on google maps, it is generally the area south of St Paul Av to E Erie St, east of the Milwaukee River to the lake (including the Summerfest grounds).

Most of the activity is on Water St and Broadway St (and to a much lesser extent Milwaukee St) between St Paul Av and Erie St.

I think the suggestion of the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee is right on. It is in a beautiful old building, and the hotel itself is brand new. I'd get a room facing E Michigan St, because you will get a view of one or two of the most beautiful old buildings in downtown Milwaukee. Check google street view and see if you don't agree. You can input the address of 211 E Michigan St.

There are reviews of the Third Ward here on Tripadvisor.

Here is the Third Ward website:

http://www.historicthirdward.org/

Wainwright, Alberta
18. Re: Where to stay?

I'm getting more and more excited about visiting your city. Thanks for all the info. And I will check out the site you have provided.

Thanks again.

19. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014