We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety question for Milwaukee trip, and things to do?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Safety question for Milwaukee trip, and things to do?

I am planning to take a short trip to Milwaukee. I would arrive at the airport on a January day, take a rental or hotel shuttle to Hilton by West Michigan street, attend to a concert at Riverside, head back to hotel and then take a flight back home to NYC next day.

First of all I just wanted to know what I would encounter during this trip? Is it totally safe around the venue? I see that it looks like a very nice town from google street view, but I really cannot tell since we also have pretty cool nice looking towns in NYC and NJ but it is actually a make up to cover the crap that's going on in the area. Also google maps show pretty classy places around there. Any feedback or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. I also wouldn't mind taking a walk in the area to see some restaurants, etc..

I may extend my stay in a way as to arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday night, so I may have a day and half around town, if there is anything to see that's notable, please feel free to share, otherwise I will just arrive and leave next morning.

Thanks in advance to all.

tucson, az
reviews: 5
21. Re: Safety question for Milwaukee trip, and things to do?

When you've decided on a hotel call and ask the hotel how much a cab from the airport should be. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to give you a rough estimate.

The Domes are really nice. I miss them and the Public Museum. And the Zoo, but January is not really the best time to go.

22. Re: Safety question for Milwaukee trip, and things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2014