We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milwaukee Birthday

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport, Iowa
reviews: 30
Milwaukee Birthday

I'm heading to Milwaukee for a fun overnight for my 30th birthday. Just looking to do some brewery tours during the day, stay in a nice hotel, enjoy a great dinner and bar hop. Maybe brunch the next day.

It will be myself, my husband and another couple. Where would you suggest we stay for optimal "hopping" around that evening that would be enjoyable for people our age?

Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
1. Re: Milwaukee Birthday

Downtown, for sure. You can walk from bar to bar along Water St. The InterContinental is very nice.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Milwaukee Birthday

The Intercontinental would be a good choice. Other options include the Aloft, the Marriott Residence Inn or the Hotel Metro. Check on downtown hotel rates for the weekend you are looking at and maybe come back for some guidance here after you see which hotels are in your price range.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 43
3. Re: Milwaukee Birthday

When are you coming and what type of bar scene do you enjoy? As its your bday, you can drink free all day at Stenys if you wear their funny vest. It's a half mile or so from downtown, but very close to Milwaukee Brewing and Great Lakes Distillery, as well as the Iron Horse.

4. Re: Milwaukee Birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 18, 2013