We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naperville, Illinois
Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

My hubby and I are heading to the Golden Eagles game this weekend. What are some fun bars to go to after the game for 30 somethings?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

Major Goolsby's is a sports bar across from the Hyatt at 4th and Kilbourn. There are several bars on Third Street, just a block from the Bradley Center including Buck Bradleys, the Old German Beer Hall and Lucille's piano bar. If you cross the river to Water Street, just another block there are many more bars.

Naperville, Illinois
2. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

Thank you! We will have to check those out.

Wisconsin
reviews: 135
3. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

You'll be in the heart of the area for many popular bars. Water Street is a gathering place for many. Many of the students will be at campus watching from the Annex or hanging out at the bars near MU if you want a taste of that. That may be a bit young for you. Go Warriors!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
4. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

Just venture out on 3rd St. All of the bars will be crowded after the game, so it's a great atmosphere. For 30 somethings, I second Lucille's.

Buck Bradley's and OGBH will be jam-packed with students and fans before & after the game, so you will have a hard time getting to the bar or finding a server to get your drinks.

I would disagree with the above poster that the students watch the game at the Annex. Most of the students that want to watch the game will likely actually be at the game or at the two main campus bars, Caffrey's and Murphy's. After the game, most of-age students stay out downtown since they are already there.

Wisconsin
reviews: 135
5. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

Yeah, anothermkegrl has a good point. I said many students watch from the Annex, but what I meant was that people go there to watch if they don't have tickets. When our daughter was a student we ate there and watched the game.

Often when posting responses, I think of others who may stumble across this. If you have tickets, obviously, you'll be watching at the BC, but the Annex can be a fun atmosphere for others to stop at if they don't.

6. Re: Fun Bars after Golden Eagles Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2014