We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland County...
reviews: 134
Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

I plan on heading to Milwaukee for the Kenny Chesney concert in May. I know it is a big tailgating event, but we don't plan on getting there until 4pm or so. Will I have a hard time finding parking or is there enough to accommodate without having to park on some off-site lot? I am not familiar to the area, so any advice is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

8 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 42
1. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

I would imagine there will be PLENTY of parking within the Miller Park lots. It's a ginormous place (both the lots and the park).

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

Some of the lots are a good hike from the stadium, but there is enough parking for Brewers games even when they are sold out. Miller Park is in kind of an isolated area, so there are no other parking lots around it. The Miller Park website has info on parking, but realize that prices and some of the info will be oriented toward Brewers games and not concerts. …mlb.com/mil/…index.jsp

You can buy advance parking tickets for Brewers games, including preferred parking lots closer to the stadium. I have to believe they sell advance parking for concerts too.

Oakland County...
reviews: 134
3. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

Excellent! Thank you so much for the info.

Wonewoc, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
4. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

We are going also. Do you think many will tailgate?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
5. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

I would expect there will be lots of tailgating much like a Brewer game, but I've never been to a concert at Miller Park.

Why not come early, bring some food to cook and some beer or your beverage of choice to enjoy before you go in. The other option would be to go to a bar on Bluemound Rd for pre concert activities. I'm sure they will have shuttles to the concert.

Edited: 7:09 pm, January 21, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
6. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

I am guessing a majority of concert-goers will tailgate the event. This is Milwaukee after all. However, I'm not sure if the rules will be identical to the MLB policies (i.e. having to go inside or leave at a certain time).

When I was at Farm Aid in 2010, they allowed people to tailgate all day. However, I think that was different because that was an all day event. Nevertheless, I'm sure they'll open the lots up for at least two hours before the show starts.

Clinton, Iowa
7. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

We are also going to the concert May 18. Other posts say if tailgating is allowed , would lots open couple hours before the concert gates open?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 3
8. Re: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert

On the Miller Park web site it says doors open at 4 and the parking lots open at 1

http://mlb.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/chesney.jsp

Reply to: Miller Park for Kenny Chesney concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted