We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High tea?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minneapolis
reviews: 126
High tea?

Hi folks... coming to town in December and wondering if anyone has thoughts on the high teas offered at Watts Tea Shop vs. The Pfister Hotel? They both look pretty cool as far as this kind of thing goes... major price difference. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: High tea?

I don't really have any experience in this area, but I would think both of them would be very nice. The Watts Shop is right across from the Pfister, so I suggest you take time to see both the lobby at the Pfister and the Watts shop.

The Pfister lobby is decorated really nice for Christmas and the Watts store is always worth a look around.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
2. Re: High tea?

Wow who'd have thunk it . . . High Tea in Milwaukee? We're more of a "beer and brats" sorta place.

Sorry can't help you out Bonnie, but please let us know what you decide and how it is.

minneapolis
reviews: 126
3. Re: High tea?

Having lived in Milwaukee for several years, it's more about the tea experience vs. the destination, as I've spent time at both. My family is venturing into the high tea experience, and I'm now curious to try others across the nation. Enjoyed one in New York City, while pleasant, I had a lot of feedback to offer. I also think they'd both be nice, so I'll post my report after my visit. Thanks for the posts!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 42
4. Re: High tea?

That's a tough one. I haven't attended either affair, though I have had lunch at Watts Tea Room. Food was excellent but I would like to see them do some renovations to their facilities. Pfister is great for the ambiance.

You also might want to check out Anaba Tea Room, and lastly Rishi Tea. Rishi does not have a store, but their teas are sold all over Milwaukee and they have won many national and international awards.

http://www.rishi-tea.com/

wisconsin
reviews: 1
5. Re: High tea?

My Mom and I got terrible food poisoning at Watts a few years ago. My Mom was pretty seriously ill. The inspectors didn't find a smoking gun but did issue some recommendations. Enough said.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 47
6. Re: High tea?

Sorry I didn't get this in in time for your visit but George Watts tea room is a unique experience and sad that so many Milwaukeeans have never gone there. I have to admit that I haven't done the tea at the Pfister but it's a big hotel with a huge dining room. Very elegant but not unique by any stretch. I would recommend Watts for the unique experience.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 17
7. Re: High tea?

Watts is a Milwaukee tradition. We once took our 6 year old granddaughter and she wondered why we had to eat to fancy when we could have had pizza at the museum. However, I think she remembered the elegance. Watts could stand some upgrading in terms of ambience. Someone needs to come in and give them some pointers. The Pfster Tea room is more elegant and also charges more. $30 per person for a Victorian tea with the works.

Reply to: High tea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted