We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to park and take shuttle to airport

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 15
How to park and take shuttle to airport

Flying from Milwaukee on a Saturday afternoon. Will have two cars, one coming from Oshkosh and one coming from Madison. We will have a baby and lots of luggage. We would like to meet somewhere easy to drive to and take a van to the terminal. Where could we park two cars for a week? (The van company had no suggestions.)

Or, are there hotels that would allow us to park and take their shuttle (we don't need to stay)?

We are not familiar with the city, not used to city driving, and don't want to encounter problems with full lots, finding each other etc. since we have a baby with us. Thanks much. (Checked into the Park and Ride lots but they have five day limit).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
1. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

I'd suggest the Super Saver parking lot at the airport. It will provide you with a secure place for both vehicles. It will cost you $6/day/vehicle.

From the Mitchell Airport website: "Mitchell International Airport's SuperSaver Lot provides a convenient and inexpensive parking option. The SuperSaver lot is located on Air Cargo Way only minutes from the terminal, and served by free shuttle buses every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Follow the signs on the Airport Spur or from Howell Avenue."

Parking at a local lot (hotel or shopping area) is not a safe or wise idea. I do not know of any hotel in that area that provides free parking and shuttle service to non-paying customers.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

You have many options. You could park right at the airport and not have to deal with shuttles at all. Here is a link to the Mitchell parking info. You will note that it also gives an approximation of how full the lots are. Of course at $12 per day it is more expensive. http://www.mitchellairport.com/parking/

Another option I've used when I have a large group with lots of luggage is to drop off some of the luggage and some of the people at the airport, then park the car and not have to deal with all the luggage on a shuttle. Those who stay with the luggage can just wait for the car parkers to return before checking in. With many airlines you can also check your luggage at the curb, which may be convenient if you have a lot.

I will say this about fastparkandrelax. They can give you two parking spots next to each other since you seem to be concerned about getting separated.

If you need ideas about a meeting spot, I'm not clear what you are asking, do you want the name of a restaurant or something that would be convenient? Sorry, I'm just not clear what you are looking for in a meeting spot.

Since this seems to be causing some anxiety I suggest you leave home extra early. Nothing makes me more anxious than when I am in a rush. Also, not sure when you are traveling, but as long as it's before the Thanksgiving Holiday I don't think the airport parking lots will be that full.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
3. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

We've used the Super Saver lot many times and have been very satisfied.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
4. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

I don't mean to sound argumentative about this, but as I recall the Super Saver lot has centralized pick up points, so you would have to drag the luggage and baby to the shuttle pick up point.

At FastPark and Relax the shuttle will pick you up right at your car. Economy parking picks you up at your car too.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
5. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

>>>but as I recall the Super Saver lot has centralized pick up points, so you would have to drag the luggage and baby to the shuttle pick up point.<<<

As a general statement that is true, that is their policy. That said I've have many drivers who picked up as they drove through the lot . . . and also dropped off if you told them you were too far from the pickup shelter.

Your suggestion of having the driver drop the luggage & people off at the terminal and then go park, is a good idea too. We've done that as a convenience even when schlepping only a couple of bags.

I've never used the FastPark & Relax or any of the other economy lots along Howell Ave, so I have no way to compare or comment . . . but take your word on it that it may be more convenient for the OP to utilize one of those.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 47
6. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

I second Fast Park. It is so convenient and I've always felt extremely safe there. The driver picks you up and drops you off right at your car. The cost is $7.00 per night. You also get free treats and bottled water from time to time. Excellent service with their company. Their lot is directly across from the main airport entrance. I do recommend signing up online for a free account. My understanding is that they guarantee you a spot even if the lot is full when you have the card.

As for hotels, not sure if you can just use their lots without staying.

I love our airport. I find it to be a total breeze to get in and out, and the employees pleasant. I wish all airports were like that. You will be fine, enjoy your vacation!

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
7. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

Thanks everybody for taking the time to give suggestions!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 44
8. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

A third vote here for Fast Park & Relax. Granted, I haven't used the other options, but we used FP&R a month ago, arriving very early in the morning with lots of luggage, our 2 y/o, 6 m/o and a stroller - they picked us up right at our car. They were great, plus a free newspaper and bottles of water.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 18
9. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

I use Economy Airport Parking and Shuttle. It is south of the airport on Howell (drive south on howell under the bridge and it is there on the right). $5 a day and they picked me up at my car. Well-lit and secure.

10. Re: How to park and take shuttle to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 15, 2013