We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brewery tour info

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
9,491 posts
62 reviews
Brewery tour info

There is a good article in today's Journal Sentinel about Milwaukee brewery tours. jsonline.com/entertainment/milwaukee-wiscons…

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: Brewery tour info

thanks for sharing przyk! For fun factor I've always recommended Lakefront, and Sprecher is great with the kids for all the sodas. Good summation they did in the article, thanks for sharing!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Brewery tour info

Nice article.

While not mentioned in the "Outstate Breweries" section, a couple more worth mentioning are New Glarus (in New Glarus and free) and Minhas Craft Brewery (in Monroe and $10pp although they frequently offer GroupOn discounts at half off).

www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.cfm/tour .

http://minhasbrewery.com/brewery-tour .

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Brewery tour info

New Glarus Brewing, particularly since they moved to their state of the art facility, is definitely worth a visit, I wholeheartedly agree with you TimeshareVon and nearby Minhas as well. These areas are also fantastic "quiet" and "scenic" gems of Wisconsin. And who can beat the cheese Monroe has to offer---you know how well beer and cheese go together here.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
111 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Brewery tour info

Good article. thank You for posting.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Brewery tour info

Since this resurfaced, I'll add that I just did the Lakefront Brewery earlier this week and love it. It is well worth the $7 tour fee . . . four 6oz pours and a high quality pint glass to keep. Also if you tour before 4pm, you get a coupon good for a free pint at a number of local pubs/taverns in the city.

I recently completed my own travel journal for the internet site IgoUgo.com. Entitled "The Wisconsin Series - Beer, Cheese & Brats" it includes a number of the breweries I've personally toured.

For those interested in reading more (including photos) here's the link: igougo.com/journal-j77424-Wisconsin-The_Wisc… .

Enjoy!

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
255 posts
180 reviews
6. Re: Brewery tour info

Thanks for posting! Great info!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Brewery tour info

I'm always happy to share.

Speaking of sharing, Minhas Brewery in Monroe, WI has a nice 2:1 GroupOn offer right now. For $10 admission for two, including plenty of sampling, the tour plus a gift pack of beer + glass to go.

www.groupon.com/deals/minhas-craft-brewery-4… .

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
36 reviews
8. Re: Brewery tour info

And the Minhas Distillery (across the street from their brewery) has a Living Social 2:1 deal right now for $10 . . . livingsocial.com/deals/533576-microdistiller… .

I did this one last month and had a great time. Free booze to go after the tour!

Edited: 12:04 pm, November 30, 2012
Indianapolis...
3 posts
9. Re: Brewery tour info

I'm planning a two day trip from Chicago to Milwaukee to surprise my boyfriend. I am not familiar with Milwaukee. Are there any hotels that are within walking distance from the breweries (one or two)? I am looking into staying at either the Iron Horse Hotel or Hotel Metro. Any information is appreciated!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Brewery tour info

I don't think any of the operating breweries I've been to are within walking distance of the downtown hotels.