We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Hi,

Which hotels would be close to the 3rd ward or Comedy Sportz area? We will be doing the pedal tavern route in the 3rd ward and would like to stay somewhere overnight within walking distance or even a short cab ride. I'm looking for someplace other than the Iron Horse as that is too expensive. Thanks!

Wisconsin
reviews: 7
1. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Try the Courtyard Marriott Downtown, much more reasonable.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Any of the downtown hotels near Wisconsin Ave would do. Check hotels.com or whatever site you like for price comparisons and see what's available in your price range then you can come back to ask more specific questions.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
3. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

If you're looking for a discount hotel, check prices for the Comfort Inn & Suites downtown. That's where my parents stay when they're in town. It's a short cab ride from O'Lydia's (where the Pedal Tavern tours start) and should cost less than $10, even with multiple people. In addition, it's close to Water St and Brady St if you want to venture that way.

Milwaukee
4. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Great, thank you for your recommendations!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 42
5. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

If you have a group of people, try the Residence Inn. I've stayed there myself and been very pleased.

P.S. I'm SUPER jealous of you getting to do a Pedal Tavern. They look so much fun!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 18
6. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Heads up...city just ruled alcohol illegal on the pedal-taverns.

Edited: 7:12 pm, October 05, 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
7. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

Yep - big news on last night's local evening news. Turns out they were never in compliance w/ city ordinances in terms of serving alcohol.

From our local newspaper . . . jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/pedal-tavern-los… .

Edited: 8:22 am, October 06, 2012
8. Re: Best hotel to stay at near the Pedal Tavern Route in 3rd War

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 10, 2013