We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hull, England
reviews: 19
Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

Hi folks...I shall be in Chicago in August, and wish to visit the H-D museum in Milwaukee on 23/8/12. Please advise if it is sensible to pre-book seats on Amtrak. 10.20 depart from Union Sta, arriving in Milwaukee at 11.49 and returning on the last train that evening.

Thanks for any advice gratefully received..

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
21. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

What's the cost of a trip from Chicago to Milwaukee on Amtrak?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
22. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

www.amtrak.com will tell you all you need to know.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 18
23. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

Cost of Amtrak CHI-MKE round trip for adults is currently $46. There is a AAA discount of 10% I think and senior discounts.

Also- I did just notice the stairway that milwcu mentioned, but I think it is pretty steep and with my knees I wouldn't take it. But, that is an option depending on how you feel about it.

You also can't really get lost in MKE between the Amtrak and Harley Museum as it is only a few blocks walk south on 6th street.

Hull, England
reviews: 19
24. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

Thanks OHV. $46. Thats sounds reasonably for a journey taking an hour or so. I have looked on Google Earth and did notice that the station and the museum are fairly closeby. If I have time after visiting the H-D, then I may venture into MKE and have a look around Downtown and try some of the local brew and see what made Milwaukee famous..

Thanks again....

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
25. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

$23 each way...very reasonable!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 18
26. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

The Hilton hotel has a bar called Miller Time Pub which has Miller and Leinenkugel products and some other Wisconsin beers on tap. I mention it because it is only a three block walk straight north on 5th street from the Amtrak station. I am not that crazy about the service (mostly the wait for food), but depending on the time you have to roam about it might get you that "taste" of Milwaukee easily and the atmosphere is not bad. Its a pretty popular place. And there is a gift shop in the hotel (its next to Starbucks) with alot of nice Wisconsin souveneurs.

27. Re: Amtrak Chicago - Milwaukee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 19, 2013