We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lithuanian restaurants?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 15
Lithuanian restaurants?

Is there a Lithuanian restaurant in Milwaukee? Couldn't find one when I Googled. A Lithuanian friend is planning a visit and since I'm originally from Milwaukee she asked if I knew.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

I think Polish may be the closest we can get to Lithuanian.

Madison, WI
reviews: 31
2. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

I agree with Przyk re. Lituanian restaurants (or lack thereof) in MKE. Polish, OK. German, OK But no Lithuanian. Good ethnic food is hard to find. Even traveling in Europe one is overwhelmed by pizza and Chinese takeout to the point that authentic local cuisine is often being lost. The best you might do is Chicago - check out the menu at Grand Dukes near Midway airport in Chicago (Summit, really). http://www.granddukesrestaurant.com/

Genesee Depot...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

Not what you're looking for but a great Serbian place for Eastern European Food- Three Brothers in Bay View with good ratings.

No credit cards- bring cash.

Detroit
Destination Expert
for Detroit
reviews: 52
4. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

To add to Oregon Slims post. If you're friend is heading to Chicago you may want to Consider Mabenka. We were there for the Chicago Marathon and had our post race meal there! Fabulous........fabulous service. The owner took time and spoke to me about the dishes as I'm Polish and it s a Polish/Lituanian restaurant. This restaurant is also locatd by Midway.

http://www.mabenka.com/

Torrente, Comunidad...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

I am a Lth-Am from Milwaukee but living in Europe for the last 10 years. It is true that there are no lithuanian restaurants in Milwaukee. Grand Dukes, Mabenka and several others are in the Chicago area. However, many items on the Polish menu are very similar to Lithuanian food. I took a Lith born friend of mine to local Milw Polish place and we ate well. Try one of the local Polish restaurants in Milwaukee or head over to A and J deli on the south side and ask the people in there for black Lithuanian rye bread or similar and any other Lithuanian products that they may have or similar. Try to make a kugelis at home with wisconsin sour cream and bacon gravy. That should do the trick! Takes a bit of time but not so hard to do. Get recepie from the internet.

6. Re: Lithuanian restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2014