We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 34
route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Is there a route to the airport traveling from Madions that allows you to avoid the road construction? We are departing from Milwaukee at 6:40 pm on Friday and I am worried about the traffic. Any help on the best route to take? Park, relax and ride looks to be full so I am worried about parking too.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
11. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Sorry Alan your information is incorrect. There is no need to detour from eastbound I-894 to get to the airport. I don't know when you drove that last, but it must have been awhile because that stretch has been open for a long time.

Wisconsin
reviews: 141
12. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

But in Alan's defense, it seems to me ALL of Wisconsin is under construction! Makes it hard to keep track. I just start to get used to one version of a shut down or detour, then it changes, then changes again. It's enough to make one buy a personal jet pack.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
13. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Frozen Tundra,

I have to disagree with you on this one. I know the construction and new traffic patterns are confusing, but there is no excuse for posting such out of date information and then when corrected coming back to post more incorrect information.

To repeat, there is no need to detour off the Interstate to get to the Milwaukee airport because of construction. And to repeat again you do need to watch the signage because there have been changes to traffic patterns as the result of eliminating left lane exits and entrances.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 29
14. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Not to mention, he resurrected a thread that was nearly 18 mos old to provide bad info.

Wisconsin
reviews: 141
15. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

Yeah, Przyk and Timeshare, you're right, I was trying to make light of the long construction season in WI, but overlooked the inaccuracies.

16. Re: route to Milwaukee airport from Madison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 15, 2013