We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 3
Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Hello everyone..

I just wanted to get some information on nice areas of Milwaukee, that are near the Children's Hospital, which is 9000 W. Wisconsin. Or if the area isn't great around the hospital, what are the nicer areas of Milwaukee?

Thanks for any information..

Jen.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
1. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

The Hospital is in a park like setting.

Are you looking for hotels or a place to live?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
2. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Wauwatosa, around the Children's Hospital complex, is very nice. Like the prior responder wrote, it would be helpful to understand a bit more of what you're looking for or want to do in terms of "nice areas."

California
3. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Basically, I'm looking for a place to live for 3 months, because ill be there on a travel nursing assignment. What I mean by nice areas, is safe. Close proximity to things, etc.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
4. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

There are decent apartments on Watertown Rd, just east of the hospital and Bluemound Rd or Wisconsin Ave, also east of the hospital. I know Wisconsin AV is a bus route, but you might check ridemcts.com for more info on busses, if you need transportation.

With a car you could live in Brookfield, further out, or even the fashionable east side of Milwaukee if you will have any time for a social life while you are here.

I am not too familiar with short term rentals, can the hospital be of any help?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 44
5. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

I work at the Medical College of Wisc. (on the Milwaukee county campus-- where Froedtert and Children's are), and I previously was a student there, too, so I know the area. Przyk was right about apartments on Watertown Plank Rd and the others, within walking distance from the college. If you're going to get a chance to get out here before you move, I would try looking at postings on bulletin boards in the hospitals and college-- they're everywhere.

Also, there are many "for rent" signs all over yards around the area, so just driving around is effective, too. Try looking at Craigslist (www.craigslist.org) and search in Wauwatosa, that's how I found my place. I would imagine there are landlords out there who would be willing to do short term leases, considering how many students/doctors/residents live in the area. Good luck!

California
6. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Hey everyone..

thanks for the replies. I think i may have found a place. I wanted to find out...what kind of area it is... the address is 1028 E. Juneau, Milwaukee. It's 2 blocks from Lake Michigan. (Its on the CORNER OF PROSPECT AND JUNEAU).

Any input greatly appreciated.

thanks,

JB.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
7. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

That's a great area of the city, very safe, lots of things going on. You'll definitely be within walking distance of the lake and art museum, as well as a bunch else.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
8. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Just one other thing-- that's quite a distance from Children's, though, will you have transportation? You'll be fine from that area if you take a bus, there are a lot of routes going to and from that area.

California
9. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

Thanks for all your help travelingtuba!!.. And yes we will have transportation in Milwaukee. We will be taking a road trip from Cali to Milwaukee... to make sure we have a car in Milwaukee.

Thanks again..

Jen.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
10. Re: Nice areas, around Children's Hospital

1028 E Juneau is the Knickerbocker. It is a classy, old building, but I am not sure how the apartments are set up. I think it will be good a short term rental. I love the area.

It is in downtown Milwaukee, but it is a residential part of downtown. You will find many young professionals and UWM (Univ. of Wis. Milwaukee) students living in the area.

If you have a bike there are some great bike paths along the lake, also good for roller blading or walking.

It is close to nighlife and great restaurants and Milwaukee is a very livable city.