We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to rent snowmobiles?

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
reviews: 13
Places to rent snowmobiles?

Hello,

Where can we rent a snowmobile in lake Geneva?

Thanks,

Heather and John

Chicago, IL
reviews: 78
1. Re: Places to rent snowmobiles?

Here's what I know about snowmobiling in Walworth County, which includes the area of Lake Geneva, Delavan, Fontana, etc. You have to have a snowmobile pass that can be obtained through the Walworth County Clerks office. All snowmobile trails are on private properties and they are maintained by local clubs. I thought possibly that some of the places in Lake Geneva and Delavan that rent boats, wave runners etc. might also rent snowmobiles, but I can't find any that do. I am guessing this is because of what I mentioned above with the requirement of passes and clubs maintaining the trails. You might want to check with some of the area resorts, particularly Grand Geneva since they have winter sports onsite.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Places to rent snowmobiles?

This question has come up on other Wisconsin forums, but not Lake Geneva that I can remember.

It seems to me not as easy as one would think to find a place to rent a snowmobile.

Maybe it's a liability issue.

Orland Park...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Places to rent snowmobiles?

Thanks. No wonder I was having problems locating a place! If I do find one I will post about it.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
4. Re: Places to rent snowmobiles?

You might also try looking up snowmobile dealers on yellowpages.com and calling around to see if any of them knows someone who rents snowmobiles.

Also Toelle's suggestion of checking with the resorts sounds good. They could possibly have snowmobiles available for guests.

5. Re: Places to rent snowmobiles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva