We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

Which Janesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville, VA
Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

Arriving on Van Galder Bus from OHare to attend an Elderhostel at Covenant Harbor Bible Camp Sunday, Sept. 27th about 3 pm.

Can I get a taxi or bus?

Lori Butler at lwbutler513@aol.com

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 105
1. Re: Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

First, let me see if I understand correctly that you are trying to get from Charlottesville, VA to O'Hare Airport and then by bus to Janesvilles, WI and your final destination is Lake Geneva, WI. That's a roundabout way to get to Lake Geneva, and as far as I know, there is no public transportation to or from anywhere to Lake Geneva.

I have two suggestions:

Cardinal Transport Services. I have not used them recently, so I don't know if they are still running. They had a van service that ran between IL and WI from O'Hare, Midway, Rockford to various places in WI. These were 5 passenger vans...a shared ride. I don't have a web address, but here is the phone 888-245-0675.

A-1 Taxi & Limo in Lake Geneva does local and long distance rides...this might be expensive. Again, no web address, but here is a phone 262-248-2619.

You need to know that Janesville is at least an hour west of Lake Geneva, so by going there you will only have to back track. From O'Hare airport, it is almost a straight drive north to Lake Geneva. So, if you don't have a reason to go to Janesville, I would try one of the above services to get you directly to Lake Geneva.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your travels.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
2. Re: Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

Good point toelle. I did not respond to this post because I frankly did not know how to help.

But, going to Janesville from O"hare is not a good way to get to Lake Geneva. I am amazed at how Greyhound Bus has completely discontinued local bus service in Wisconsin. There really is no public transportation between small cities in Wisconsin.

I suggest you contact the Bible Camp or Lake Geneva Chamber of commerce to get recommendations on transport from O'Hare. There has got to be direct, shared ride transportation because there is no other way for folks to get to and from Lake Geneva without a car.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 105
3. Re: Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

www.genevaridge.com/resort/transportation.cfm

Ok, I had one other thought, and it may be a long shot, but I thought I would give you the info. The above link is for Geneva Ridge Resort and all the various types of transportation they use for getting guests to the conference center. The reason this may serve your purposes is because the Geneva Ridge Resort is very close...maybe a half mile west on Rt. 50 outside of Lake Geneva...AND within walking distance of Convenant Harbor Bible Camp. Geneva Ridge is on the north side of Rt. 50; the camp's entrance is on the south side.

I also agree with Przyk that you should check with the camp. If they had a large group coming in from O'Hare, they may use some of the exact same transportation that Geneva Ridge uses. If all else fails, contact Geneva Ridge and see if they have a group coming in and hitch a ride there.

Rockton, Illinois
reviews: 4
4. Re: Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

Another good option for transportation from OHare is Airport Connection: (414)769-2444 / (800)236-5450 www.goairportconnnection.com. In my experience they usually have the best rates.

5. Re: Transportation to Covenant Harbor Bible Camp,, Lake Geneva.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Janesville