We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boating

Which Green Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshkosh, WI
reviews: 8
Boating

Hi!

We are thinking about bringing our boat up to the Sturgeon Bay area over Labor Day weekend and docking and stayin at a waterfront resort. I'm wondering how many restaurants/bars there are right on the water around here we could stop at while out?

Thanks!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 6
1. Re: Boating

It's been a long time since I've been boating on the Sturgeon Bay canal. Back in the 70's & 80's, my grandfather used to be one of the head engineers at Carver Boats in Pulaski and he would get to take boats out on weekends from Longtail Marina in Suamico. (The boats at Longtail were "experimental", but ranged from 26' to 36'. He would sign up for one of them and we could take it out and "test" it, and then he'd have to fill out a log afterwards of how the new modifications performed.) Sturgeon Bay was a popular spot to go, and (say to say) it was only a $100 fuel bill to go there and back.

I know there was at least one spot, and back in the day it was called the Moorings. It was a very popular place to go and have a bite to eat. I am sure there are more places than that now. As you drive over the bridges in S.B. there are boats everywhere. One would think there are restaurants at all those marinas.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but there is a Sturgeon Bay forum. Maybe posing this same question there would get some better results.

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 37
2. Re: Boating

Sturgeon Bay is 45 miles from Green Bay, so you are kinda in the wrong forum. Would suggest a repost in the Door County forum, as that is where you are headed. Go to www.doorcounty.com and order a vacation guide to understand the area. Then, decide what harbor you wish to use as each village on both sides of the Peninsula have marinas (except Egg Harbor, which is being rebuilt for 2010). Labor Day will be busy, so get your motel reservation first, make sure to ask the innkeeper if there is room to keep your trailer. Check with the municipal marina for transient space before you come up. Stone Harbor in Sturgeon Bay is a full condo resort with marina, there are others in Sturgeon Bay. Also suggest Fish Creek and Sister Bay.

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 37
3. Re: Boating

As to macc1965 post, Sturgeon Bay does not have a lot of restaurants at marinas. Stone Harbor has a restaurant, there is an Applebees at Bridgeport, and I think that is about it.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
4. Re: Boating

Head up to Egg Harbor and Fish Creek, you will find great food and drinks along with some great Marinas. You could also head to Marinette/Menominee Marina, one of the best kept secrets on the bay, it is also a short ride over to Door County from there. If you choose to stay in Sturgeon Bay there are some great restaurants within walking distance of Stone Harbor and the Applebees across the canal.

If you would like more info feel free to send me a PM and I would be more than happy to help you out!

Cobalt

5. Re: Boating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 05, 2010