We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Island

Which Fish Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmette, IL
reviews: 13
Washington Island

My husband & I will be staying in Fish Creek to explore Door County in June for 5 days. We are both 60ish and enjoy moderate hiking. We are trying to decide how to visit Washington Island. Should we take our car on the ferry or should we take one of the tram type tours that seem to be available on the island or just use our foot power? Also, while on Washington Island, is there anything we shouldn't miss and are there any recommendations for lunch there. Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 11
1. Re: Washington Island

Last summer my family--parents in their 80's through siblings in their 50's with a youngest grandchild at 4 years old--stayed in Sister Bay for 6 days and did a day trip to Washington Island. We took one van over to the island and brought our bikes and the rest rented bikes. We biked for a while and then took the last tram ride. The tram ride was okay. We stopped at a farm that the grand children enjoyed and at a store where they liked feeding the goats. Stoney Beach was nice and the best part was seeing the Stave church. We took a pack lunch. I think if I were you I would take your car. You'll have better control over what you see and how long you can stay at the stops. Pam

Wilmette, IL
reviews: 13
2. Re: Washington Island

Thank's for your reply, it was really helpful.

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 28
3. Re: Washington Island

Take your car

Be sure to reserve a ferry ride so you are guaranteed a spot.

The beach referred to by the previous poster is Schoolhouse Beach.

Use http://www.washingtonisland.com/ for assistance.

4. Re: Washington Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, November 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fish Creek