We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Night

Which Delavan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicagoland
reviews: 23
Girls Night

My friends inlaws have a lake house and we plan to hangout over night and hit the outlet mall. Any suggestions for great food and ambiance for a bunch of 40 year old young at hearts??? Also...any other ideas for shopping?

Chicago, IL
reviews: 79
1. Re: Girls Night

If you have been to Delavan before, you know that it is much more rural and quieter than Lake Geneva, which is only 10 minutes east on Rt.50. If you are looking for nightlife and shopping, you would need to head to Lake Geneva. If you check that forum on TripAdvisor, there have been lots of recent dicussions on both of these subjects and lots of reviews of restaurants.

There are some good restaurants in Delavan, including the Village Supper Club www.foodspot.com/villagesupperclub/ and the Frontier Restaurant at Lake Lawn Lodge www.lakelawnresort.com

And Joseph's North Shore Bar and Grill, which from the outside looks like deceiving, but has great Italian food. I don't have a website, but here is a phone 262-728-1402.

If you like dinner/theater and small boutique shops, you might want to check out The Fireside Theater in Fort Atkinson, about 30 minutes north of Delavan www.firesidetheater.com It is known for its live theater, usually a Broadway show.

Downtown Delavan has a cobblestone street with lots of antique stores. If you like old books, check out Bibliomaniacs. It is in an old furniture store that has a mezzanine level with comfy couches and chairs for reading.

You might also want to take in a spa. Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

has the Timber Spa www.lakelawnresort.com

The Well Spa is at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva www.grandgeneva.com And, the Fontana Spa is at the Abbey Resort www.fontanaspa.com They all pretty much offer the same services.

I presume the outlet shopping you are planning to do is at the Prime Outlets in Mt. Pleasant(near the Kenosha exit) at I-294 and Rt. 50? That's about a 35-minute drive east of Delavan on Rt.50. I am not aware of any other outlet shopping in the area.

You didn't say when you were going to Delavan, but there may be some special events both in Delavan and Lake Geneva. Here are the chamber of commerce websites, where schedules are posted: www.delavanwi.org and www.lakegenevawi.com

Have a great girls' weekend.

2. Re: Girls Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Delavan