We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the rushes? any opinions?

Which Baileys Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 32
the rushes? any opinions?

Considering renting a unit @ the rushes in Baileys harbor for a week this summer.

Can anyone share any opinions? Location, activities, etc?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
chicago area
1. Re: the rushes? any opinions?

Have never stayed there, but the Rushes has been around for a long time so you need to find out about the upkeep. It is on Kangaroo Lake which is shallow and warm in the summer, nice for swimming. I believe the Rushes rent paddleboats, but not motorboats. You will be fairly close to both Egg Harbor and Baileys Harbor which offer shops and dining. Nothing within walking distance from the Rushes, you will have to drive.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 93
2. Re: the rushes? any opinions?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g59681-d640276-…

You may find the reviews helpful, see link above.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 23
3. Re: the rushes? any opinions?

The Rushes is a great resort. Comfortable and well-maintained, but not upscale. It is on the small side, compared to some of the other condo resorts, and has a quiet/private feeling to it. I have only been there in winter, but I can't see why it wouldn't be great in the summer. One caveat, you need to rent an air conditioner separately, as the units do not have central air. It is on an inland lake and has a small beach, activities, etc., in addition to a pool and fitness center. You will have to drive if you leave the resort; it is not walking distance to anything.

Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 1
4. Re: the rushes? any opinions?

I'm sitting in my condo at the Rushes right now. . . .looking out over the snow covered Kangaroo Lake. It is quiet, peaceful and gorgeous. Yep, things are still snow-covered but when the sun is shining, it's great to get out and walk, walk, walk. Highways are not extremely busy here, so it appears that you can walk along the highway without fear of being hit by a passing car. Inside the condo is very attractive with reds and greens (not my favorite colors but they look great here). The fireplace is cozy and a huge supply of logs & kindling is in the garage. Oh yes, your car does have its own garage here. You do need a car to get around the area. Just across the lake is the Coyote Roadhouse. It's a great place to eat and I'm looking forward to lunch there today! The only negative I have found is if you are a Verizon user. . .the service is terrible here. Everything is roaming and I had to drive to Green Bay to get my phone fixed Sunday and it's a brand new phone I've had for less than a month. But you other cell phone companies may have fabulous service here. Enjoy! it's well worth the visit.

Reply to: the rushes? any opinions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baileys Harbor