We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 65
Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

We have had the Greenbrier on our list for a while now. Just returned from a fantastic stay at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. We are looking for a quick family trip and would love to hear from those who have stayed at GB with a family? It looks like there are plenty of activities and dining options? Any must do activities and/or must try dining options? Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Lynchburg, VA
reviews: 46
1. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

I haven't been to the Broadmoor, so it's hard for me to make the comparison, but I have been to the Greenbrier multiple times with family, so can tell you a little bit about that. How big of a group and how many/what age kids? We have been there with extended family, and they have great cottages with a shared living room and multiple bedrooms, which worked out great for that trip. I have also stayed in the main hotel, which is also nice. The decor is VERY floral, but it grew on me. The Greenbrier has still maintained a more formal feel to me, though relaxed a bit once they introduced other options besides the formal dining space. There are a lot of activities (falconry and archery were big hits with my son). Another option would be the Homestead. Especially if you go in the summer, it has a bit more kid friendly vibe. They've added a water park to their outdoor pool, have mini golf, plus other activities similar to what is offered at the Greenbrier. I don't think the food is quite as good as the Greenbrier, though there are some nearby restaurants that we really like. Both of these resorts are located in beautiful settings, and a family could have a great time at either.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 65
2. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

Mountainchasers, just saw this message! THANK YOU for replying. We have 2 teenage daughters so the more floral the better! We love the pictures we have seen! We will be traveling at the holidays so I know the Greenbrier will be stunning. Thanks for your advice on rooms- we are looking at a cottage for space.

If you make it out to Colorado, we highly recommend the Broadmoor.

Reply to: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted