We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 74
Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

We have had the Greenbrier on our list for a while now. Just returned from a fantastic stay at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. We are looking for a quick family trip and would love to hear from those who have stayed at GB with a family? It looks like there are plenty of activities and dining options? Any must do activities and/or must try dining options? Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Lynchburg, VA
reviews: 61
1. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

I haven't been to the Broadmoor, so it's hard for me to make the comparison, but I have been to the Greenbrier multiple times with family, so can tell you a little bit about that. How big of a group and how many/what age kids? We have been there with extended family, and they have great cottages with a shared living room and multiple bedrooms, which worked out great for that trip. I have also stayed in the main hotel, which is also nice. The decor is VERY floral, but it grew on me. The Greenbrier has still maintained a more formal feel to me, though relaxed a bit once they introduced other options besides the formal dining space. There are a lot of activities (falconry and archery were big hits with my son). Another option would be the Homestead. Especially if you go in the summer, it has a bit more kid friendly vibe. They've added a water park to their outdoor pool, have mini golf, plus other activities similar to what is offered at the Greenbrier. I don't think the food is quite as good as the Greenbrier, though there are some nearby restaurants that we really like. Both of these resorts are located in beautiful settings, and a family could have a great time at either.

Columbus, Ohio
2. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

Mountainchasers, just saw this message! THANK YOU for replying. We have 2 teenage daughters so the more floral the better! We love the pictures we have seen! We will be traveling at the holidays so I know the Greenbrier will be stunning. Thanks for your advice on rooms- we are looking at a cottage for space.

If you make it out to Colorado, we highly recommend the Broadmoor.

Columbus, Ohio
3. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

As an update, we LOVED our trip to the Greenbrier. Our favorite meal was in main dining room. Drapers was pretty good, too! We enjoyed the various seating areas throughout the hotel. Bunker tour was fascinating and informative. We also enjoyed the Dorthy Draper design tour. We ended up booking a cottage and it was perfect for our family. Splurge on room service for breakfast! It was worth it.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
4. Re: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)

Glad to hear you had a good time! Thanks for the TR!!

Reply to: Greenbrier as a family trip? (And compared to the Broadmoor)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted