We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to The Greenbrier

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisonburg...
reviews: 10
First time to The Greenbrier

My husband and I are traveling to The Greenbrier for the first time in 2 weeks. Any recommendations on attractions and dining? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
reviews: 28
1. Re: First time to The Greenbrier

Our resident expert on that area of the state is beachlady. I hope she replies, because she usually has very good advice.

There are two fantastic restaurants in the town of Lewisburg (which is about a 15 minute drive from the Greenbrier). One is the old General Lewis Inn. They have a small menu, but wonderful food. Their brunch is amazing. http://www.generallewisinn.com/dining/

The other has a strange name, but is some of the best food in West Virginia. It is called "Food & Friends" and their menu includes local and global fare... anything from wings and a beer to hand-cut steaks and fresh rainbow trout. DEFINITELY worth the short drive from the Greenbrier.

Good luck, and enjoy your visit. The Greenbrier is beautiful any time of year.

Harrisonburg...
reviews: 10
2. Re: First time to The Greenbrier

Thanks so much WVParkfan :)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 30
3. Re: First time to The Greenbrier

The Greenbrier itself has plenty to keep you busy during your stay. But a day trip to Lewisburg is definitely a must as well. Lots of neat, quaint shops, galleries, antique stores, clothing stores. I agree with choosing The General Lewis Inn or Food and Friends, also Del Sol or The Stardust Café are highly recommended as well. There are two very good bakeries there too...one has tables for dining.

If you are there during the weekend, I would highly recommend going to the Lost World Caverns in Lewisburg. Amazing huge cave to walk thru. (only open on weekends in winter months) We were just there last weekend...its so much fun!

http://www.lostworldcaverns.com/

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 65
4. Re: First time to The Greenbrier

Wondering how the Greenbrier stay went, sweetsoutherntravels? We are looking for a fall trip and just returned from the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. It was fantastic and will be hard to top but the Greenbrier is on the short list! Would love to hear about your trip?

Reply to: First time to The Greenbrier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted