We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenbrier for a handicapped person?

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington, D.C.
reviews: 65
Greenbrier for a handicapped person?

We are thinking of celebrating my mother's 90th birthday at the Greenbrier (10 people including teenagers). The problem is that she uses a walker to get around, and can't walk very long distances. I think she'd like to go on the bunker tour, sit by the pool, go to the spa, etc. I have never been to the Greenbrier before. Is the resort just too huge and/or difficult to get around for someone with a walker?

Thank you very much.

2 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 25
1. Re: Greenbrier for a handicapped person?

They might have wheelchairs for rent. I would call to find out. I do know there are a lot of steps at the Greenbrier. Big staircases...and two or three steps here and there. Probably ramps beside them, I just didn't notice. Hope you can go....it's beautiful there.

Durham, NC
reviews: 56
2. Re: Greenbrier for a handicapped person?

We recently returned from the Greenbrier. We did see accommodations throughout the resort for physically challenged individuals. Ramps are around the area, where stairs are. The place is huge, no doubt! But, don't let your loved one miss the opportunity to experience the grandeur and ambiance.

We attended the Bunker tour, and a physically challenged individual did join us as well. She enjoyed the majority of the tour, but a place or two she chose or could not go in second to the spacing. (She had a "Greenbrier" labeled wheelchair they provided, but unsure if it was "rented")

The Greenbrier staff are some of the most pleasant I have been around, and would make the most of trying to please you. Their smiles are genuine, and questions sincere.

Reply to: Greenbrier for a handicapped person?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted