We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs

I'm taking Amtrak to White Sulphur Springs, WV, and need to rent a car upon arrival. Is it possible? Through what agency?

If not from that stop, what about Hinton or Alderson?

I am not staying at the Greenbrier Resort, by the way.

3 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
1. Re: Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs

Not sure. The Greenbrier Valley airport would have rentals, but thats about 10 miles or so away. There might be taxi's at the station. You could call The Greenbrier Resort and ask them. I really don't think any of the Amtrak stations would have rentals right there. You would need to get a taxi to the rental place. Are you vacationing? visiting relatives? business?

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
reviews: 35
2. Re: Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs

The airport in Lewisburg has rentals...about 10 miles from WSS. The closest rental to Hinton is 15 miles at Beckley airport.

East Coast
reviews: 13
3. Re: Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs

There's a cab company in Lewisburg called Cosmic Cab. They could pick you up. As far as I know, there are no other car rental places nearby. You might want to check with the rental vendors at the airport. Some car rental car companies will pick you up, take you to their location, and you'd head out from there. I don't know about the return trip for you.

Reply to: Renting a car at Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted