We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking the Greenbrier River Trial

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northville, Michigan
reviews: 2
Biking the Greenbrier River Trial

My wife and I are planning to visit the Greenbrier next September. Before our visit there we would like to spend several days biking on the Greenbrier River Trail - just day trips between 25-40 miles a day. I know the entire trail is about 80 miles long, but what sections would you say are the prettiest to bike? Is it best to stay in Lewisburg or Marlinton or somewhere else? We would like to stay in a B&B type establishment near some restaurants. Thanks for your recommendations.

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Biking the Greenbrier River Trial

We've ridden the trail 1.5 times. You might be better off riding the whole trail from Cass. You can pay someone to ferry you from North Caldwell to Cass. Spend the night at one of the houses in Cass and start at the beginning of the trail. Here's a link to the intro page to the two trip reports and pictures.

alandsuejohnson.com/greenbrier_river_trail.h…

This link will give you info on the trail and where you can stay and eat. You can plot the areas against the map also on that site.

http://www.greenbrierrivertrail.com/

We camped so that can't help much with lodging. There are restrooms and water along the trail. We survived the first ride even though it rained the first 2 days.

If you stay in Marlinton, for instance. You'll ride 15 miles on the trail and then ride the same 15 back. That seems like a lot of work to get the 30 miles.

2. Re: Biking the Greenbrier River Trial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, July 05, 2011