We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenbrier for Christmas

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 8
Greenbrier for Christmas

Has anyone stayed at the Greenbrier over Christmas? We are going to spend Christmas in the states with our kids who are going to school there. We thought it would be nice to do something special. The Greenbrier is about 3 hours from where our children are living right now. We are 5 people and have looked at the 3 bedroom bungalow. 470.00 per room per night plus taxes which adds up to about 1400.00. The meal package is 825.00 per bedroom includes breakfast and dinner and taxes. Are the meal prices increased for Christmas in the dining rooms? Thanks.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
1. Re: Greenbrier for Christmas

Looking at the Greenbrier website, looks like the meal package is not available during Christmas. (unless you will be there a few days before...or after Christmas) Might want to call to double-check.

Christmas is a beautiful time to visit The Greenbier!! THe whole resort is decorated beautifully...Christmas trees all over the place, poinsettia's too...everywhere! They really go all out! And a local dance theatre company will be doing The Nutcracker, free...for hotel guests. 2 or 3 performances...not sure of the dates though.

West Virginia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Greenbrier for Christmas

I think Christmas at The Greenbrier would be lovely.

A WV coal baron from near the area bought The Greenbrier a few months ago. The Greenbrier is a pride and joy of WV so I'm sure he has a heartfelt interest in making it even better than before.

Not sure what changes he may be making plus since everything is always charged to the room I never really paid attention however... I believe the meal package included meals in the main dining room. Meals in the other restaurants are extra. (Again, this may no longer be true). Not to despair however - my fav place to eat was always the Main Dining Room (I liked their menu the most).

Have lunch at Drapers - food is great especially the Fried Green Tomato sandwich.

Just about everything you do at The Greenbrier costs extra above the room charge - so just keep that in mind.

Have a great time and be sure to give us a trip report.

Michigan
3. Re: Greenbrier for Christmas

Give them a call. They are offering discounted packages over the holidays - including a Holiday Meal Plan package! I received a 30% discount from rates I found elsewhere on the web. Their reservations office is available from 8am-11pm at 800-624-6070. Wonderful place for the holidays, beautiful, lots of activities, concerts, hot chocolate by the hearth. It has become a tradition in our family.

4. Re: Greenbrier for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 09, 2010