We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

greenbrier for dining ?

Which White Sulphur Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Jersey
reviews: 10
greenbrier for dining ?

So what can you tell me about the Greenbrier just for for dinner ? Is the Main dining room or Sam Sneads better for food service and price? Is it really worth the $$$? Is there someplace else you would suggest in the area ? We were thinking of taking my sis n law and her new husband there for a nice dinner while visiting. We're not rich but want to give them a nice dinner out.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
1. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

I have only eaten the Sunday buffet at Sam Sneads. That was absolutly worth it!! Everything was delicious, great selections.....and the desserts are fantastic. I wish I had taken my camera just to get a picture of each one....beautiful works of art. And the service was excellent. Very attentive, but not hovering.

I would imagine the food and service would be the same in the main dining room or Drapers (I think they only serve lunch in Drapers)

Food and Friends in Lewisburg...just down the road..is very good too!

To save you $$$ and still have fun, maybe you could just walk around the hotel, and the grounds...check out the shops..maybe get a little snack there....then head to Lewisburg for dinner.

West Virginia
reviews: 1
2. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

Can it be lunch instead of dinner? The food at Drapers in the Greenbrier is wonderful and don't think it would be as much as dinner (Drapers is not open for dinner).

Sam Sneads is more casual (still dress nice). I don't like anything about it as much as in the main bldg but some people like it more. I really like the food selection in the main dining room a lot better.

The Sunday Brunch at Sam Sneads is pretty yummy and you get quite a selection. The only bad thing is that everything is so good you eat too much and feel miserable afterward.

We didn't make it to the Greenbrier this summer, but I thought the Main Dining room was being made smaller and a couple other restaurants were being added. Don't see them on the website.

As the other poster said - there are some great restaurants in Lewisburg. Food N Friends and Julians are favs. But if you want to be extra special to them, a meal at The Greenbrier is always an extra special treat.

West Virginia
3. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

PS I don't know what a dinner costs at The Greenbrier - we are always there for conventions and so I don't see the bill.

My guess is that lunch at Drapers would be about $25 per person. You may want to call and ask what a dinner costs.

South Jersey
reviews: 10
4. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

thanx so much for the suggestions and comments. I have checked out the reviews on Julians and it looks very nice. What do you all think of th General Lewis Inn ?

West Virginia
5. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

Haven't been to the GLI but people who have and who have posted on here like it.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
6. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

Yes, General Lewis Inn is very nice, great food...nice atmosphere.

Huntington, West...
reviews: 32
7. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

We have eaten at the Genreal Lewis both while staying there (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and just stopping by for lunch.

I would highly recommend it. It is not quite as special as the Greenbrier (which we also did for our anniversary while staying at the General Lewis), but MUCH more affordable!

Maureen

8. Re: greenbrier for dining ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, October 08, 2009