We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

Which Summersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson, FL
reviews: 1
Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

I'm looking for a cabin to rent on Summersville lake (walkable). I can only find one: Mountain Lake Campground and Cabins. Can't find any reviews on the cabins. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Basically looking for any cabin/cottage on a lake or river with decent fishing within 2-3 hour drive from Charleston, WV, around $100/nt in late September. Any suggestions?

Edited: 9:50 am, August 07, 2012
5 replies to this topic
WV
1. Re: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

VRBO may be helpful (look under Summersville Lake WV) as well as the Vacation Rentals link at the top of the page here ---

Charleston, West...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

As a COE lake there are no cabins "on" the water. Mountain Lakes is as close as you can get with a short walk down a hill to the waters edge. We spent the weekend at Rustic Retreat which is a short drive. Mark was nice and the cabin comfortable.(stayed in a larger one with hot tub) Other names are Summersville Lake Retreat, Wilderness Lake Chalets and there are some at Carnifex Ferry Battleground but I can't remember the name.

Other good lake to fish are Sutton and Stonewall which are in the middle of the state...under 2 hours from Charleston. I know there are cabins on Stonewall..not so sure about Sutton. The lake levels will all start dropping after Labor Day so keep an eye on the Corp of Engineers web-site for details. - Huntington District I believe.

Good luck!!

Abilene, Texas
3. Re: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

Try Laurel Ridge Cabins (www.LRcabin.com). Short drive to lake or owners will give you other tips on where to fish. Super friendly...great cabins!!

Summersville, West...
reviews: 20
4. Re: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

Try Mountain Manor Campground with an address of Summersville Lake. Awesome area!

Summersville, West...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV

At Sarge's Dive shop you can rent kayaks and pontoon boats. ...maybe jet skis

Reply to: Lake front cabin rentals on Summersville Lake, WV
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted