We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Summersville?

Which Summersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Where to stay in Summersville?

Thinking about spending a few days at Summersville Lake. Want to swim, hike and just relax. Any suggestions on where we can stay that is reasonably priced and clean? Thanks!! Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay in Summersville?

We like the Country Inn & Suites but rates are pretty pricey...around $90. There is a Super 8 with good reviews on Travelocity for $55 advanced reservation. Best Western advertises $58 for 2 doubles.

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
274 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay in Summersville?

Summersville is universally recognized as one of the country's worst speed traps. Although I have never been ticketed there, I am so opposed to overzealous enforcement of the law strictly for money rather than safety, that I refuse to spend any money there in protest. We pass through there many times each year, and one of the best sights of any trip is Summersville in the rear view mirror. I would advise checking the surrounding area for places to stay, before patronizing any business there.

3. Re: Where to stay in Summersville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 24, 2010