We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridge Weekend 2009

Which Summersville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Bridge Weekend 2009

We had a great time at the Bridge last year so my husband and I are returning this year. We are staying at the Quality Inn again. Last year we arrived late Friday night and stayed until Monday. We were able to tour the area on Sunday - Hawk's Nest for Sunday dinner, the tram ride, the jet boat and even Mystery Hole. We are arriving Friday afternoon this year. We will be going to Smokey's for the Taste of the Bridge on Friday night. How cold is "an open air restaurant?" We intend to go into Fayetteville for the chili cook off and music Saturday evening -can anyone tell me more about that? The site said that there are shuttles until 9:00. Is there anything to do there after that? Any suggestions for Sunday before we return home (6hour drive)? I'm looking at the Rail Trail at Hawk's Nest but it may be too much for us before we drive home.

Does anyone know about it?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
1. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

Glad that you are coming back for Bridge Day! It is so much fun!!

Smokeys has an indoor dining area...with large windows so it may seem like an open-air resturant, but it is enclosed. There is a nice large outdoor patio if the weather is nice. Sounds like fun...but it will be pretty crowded I imagine. Don't know much more about the chili cookoff or music. It is in downtown Fayetteville, don't know how late you are wanting to stay there..so be aware of where you park. SHuttles will run until 9:00. You don't want to get stuck having to walk a long way to your car. The side roads are not the best to walk on at night!! (or main roads either).

On Sunday...there is Railroad Days Festival in Hinton, WV..off of I-64. (but, don't know which way you will be traveling) Its fun...food, arts and crafts, entertainment.

You have probably looked at these sites for information.

http://www.officialbridgeday.com/events

http://www.wvbridgeday.com/

Be sure to check www.weather.com for weather conditions. Too soon to tell what it will be like now.

Have a great time!!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
2. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

Early weather forecast calls for 40% chance of rain....high of only 41F.

brrrrrrrrr

3. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

We have been watching the weather forecast and have our heavy socks, gloves, jackets, rain ponchos, hats, and hand warmers ready to go! We have all that stuff as we are from Buffalo, NY. We don't mind the cold as much as the chance of rain. YUCK! We are really hoping for some sun! That would make the cold bearable.

Does anyone know if rain puts a stop to any of the jumping? Do they jump in all types of weather?

Is there a different board to post these questions to? Fayetteville doesn't seem to have a board.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
4. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

They do jump in rain. The only factor they really watch out for is wind.

It is still early....amd I am still holding out for the sun too!!

This board if fine...as long as "Bridge Day" is in the heading....those that know...will answer;)

West Virginia
5. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

Agree that this is probably the best forum for asking questions, etc. but keep your eye on http://officialbridgeday.com/bridge-blog/

It has a blog that looks like they are keeping up-to-date with the postings.

One post says "Bridge Day happens rain or shine. Or clouds. Or cold. Or whatever.

West Virginia’s largest festival wouldn’t let a little thing like weather get in the way, and this Saturday (October 17th 2009) there will be a 100% chance of some kind of weather. So come prepared."

http://officialbridgeday.com/bridge-blog/

At least they are not calling for snow in Fayetteville - they are prediciting snow showers in the ski areas (well, at least in the Canaan area).

Any Beach
Destination Expert
6. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

Well...(sigh)...they are calling for snow showers in Beckley..ugg.

So....Fayetteville just might have some too.

Like I said...Bridge Day will go on no matter.....but they do look out

for the wind. (obvious reasons)

7. Re: Bridge Weekend 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 13, 2010