We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday get-a-way... help!!

Which Snowshoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 27
Birthday get-a-way... help!!

I am planning a trip to Snowshoe for mid January to celebrate my 27th birthday. This will be my first time skiing/snow boarding and this resort came highly recommended by a few friends. Here is what I need help with:

There are so many different places to chose from to stay I am having a hard time. I like to be in the middle of everything... close to restaurants/bars, slopes, etc. I am assuming the cental location is the best location (if not, correct me!) but what hotel/condo building would you recommend? I want the best experience. Also, is their a spa on location? & what restaurant would you recommend for a birthday dinner... I like fine dining.

Thanks in advance for all of your help :)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
1. Re: Birthday get-a-way... help!!

I suggest Alleghany Springs. Very nice, in the Village (where you want to be), they have their own heated pool, fire pit, valet parking. Other options would be Highland House, Rimfire, or Seneca. Again....all in the Village.

You have checked out their website, right? If not, it would help with your other questions. Not sure of resturants, as its been two years since I have been there...and they keep adding (and closing) resturants there all the time. I think there is a spa there too.

www.snowshoemtn.com

Have fun!! Happy early birthday!!

virginia
reviews: 2
2. Re: Birthday get-a-way... help!!

Agree with the lodging recommendations. Seneca is nicest interiors, biggest hot tub, underground heated parking garage (which I like so I have easy access to my car and maybe not unpack everything at once) VS Allegheny with its nice pool but smaller hot tub. If it's about a slope side view for you, then Highland House or some rooms in AS. Fine dining is a hitch. Currently, no fine dining in the village- nice dining- but not fine dining.

virginia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Birthday get-a-way... help!!

I'd like to add that Snowshoe is an "upside-down" mountain and this can make for an incredibly cold ski experience. Lodging's at top so you immediately ski down and you are learning at the coldest point. Please don't skimp on the correct clothing to keep yourself comfortable as you take lessons and spend a lot of time sitting in the snow (wet and bruised bottom are inevitable as you learn to board). Happy Birthday

Lynchburg, VA
reviews: 46
4. Re: Birthday get-a-way... help!!

I agree with the lodging recommendations. The dining question is harder to answer. The most upscale restaurant at Snowshoe, Ember, has now closed, and I don't know what will go in that spot. Taste of Asia, which was the restaurant at AS, also has closed, so it's unknown what might be going in there. None of the remaining restaurants at the top of the mountain could be considered fine dining. If you are willing to drive off the mountain, the best restaurant in the area is Elk River on 219 going south towards Marlinton. Distance wise, it's not that far, and the food is worth the drive, but it does involve going up and down the windy road to the top of Snowshoe. I wouldn't do it if you don't have a designated driver.

I would imagine that there will be some new restaurants opening at the top. You may want to check back closer to your trip to get the latest word on dining.

5. Re: Birthday get-a-way... help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 15, 2013