We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do?

Which Princeton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Ridgeville...
reviews: 30
What to do?

I am thinking about staying in Princeton on my way back home from Myrtle Beach to Ohio. I am thinking about staying at the Days Inn. I was wondering what kind of things are there to do for a day or evening? Is there any golf in the area or good shopping and a good restaurant to go to?

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
1. Re: What to do?

What time of year? How long are you going to be in town? Plenty of casual dining choices right off. All of the usual chains are represented there. Cracker Barrel, Applebee's. Think I saw an Outback last week while driving by.

Best bet for golf would be Pipestem Stae Park. 20-30 minute drive up Rt 20 out of Princeton.

Half hour drive north on I 77 is Tamarack in Beckley. They sell WV arts and crafts. A bit expensive but fun to check the stuff out. Might be better to hit that on your way home after night in Princeton.

Also. Maybe 30 minute drive out of Beckley. North on Rt 19. Stop and checkout the New River Bridge. Park and overlook at north end of bridge. Continue north to Rt 60. Run it west into Charleston. Could stop at Hawks Nest. Couple views of New River you'll want to come back and go rafting.

If it's summer. Outdoor dramas at Grandview State Park outside of Beckley. Maybe 45 minutes from Princeton.

North Ridgeville...
2. Re: What to do?

I am going to be stoping in mid-April, and it is only going to be a night and out early the next morning. I was just wandering what was pretty close to kill a few hours and relax.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
3. Re: What to do?

d84martin, you might want to drive a little further north to Beckley (about 40 miles) to stay the night. (I'm assuming you will have to pass thru Beckley anyway). There are lots of hotels and resturants to choose from at Exit 44 (Harper Rd.) There is a Days In there too, among many other hotels. There is also a very nice, clever miniature golf course about 1/4 mile from the exit. Very popular with tourists, as each hole has something to do with West Virginia tourism and history. There is also a nice arts and craft/sourvineer shop there also. It's called Little Brink House (and miniature golf course). Tamarack is just down the road a bit, easy to get to. And there is Crossroads Mall...a nice shopping mall just two miles down the road...again, easy to get to off the Interstate.

For a great steak dinner, go to the Char. A locally owned steak house. Or go to Pasquale Mira's Italian Resturant. Or dinner at Tamarack. Plus we have all the "chain" resturants like Ruby Tuesdy, Applebees, Outback, Bob Evans, and other fast food places.We do have golf courses here too of course if you have time for a full round. Grandview Golf Course is just off I-64. Grandview National Park is just down the road from that. Beautiful place to hike!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
4. Re: What to do?

Sorry, should have proof-read my post above a little more carefully.

It's Days Inn, (not In)

Ruby TUESDAY (not Tuesdy)

and Little BRICK House (not Brink)

Have a great trip!!

West Virginia
reviews: 1
5. Re: What to do?

Princeton and Bluefield are very close.

For a list of shopping (including the mall) goto http://www.mccvb.com/shopping.htm

Mercer Mall info is at http://www.shopmercermall.com/

At the mall, there is a restaurant called Macado's (there is also one in Beckley). I always try to stop there to eat when in either area. They have great (and unusual) sandwiches - there is something like 65 sandwiches.

At the Princeton exit of I-77 you will find several motels, Applebee's, etc.

There is also a great Italian restaurant called Vincenza's.

(Oakvale Road, Princeton, WV 24740 (304) 425-0214). It is very close to the strip of hotels etc however it sits across Rt 460 and down a block or so on Ambrose Lane (where Ambrose and Oakvale intersect). It is practically just across Rt 460 from the strip, just ask for directions when there.

North Ridgeville...
6. Re: What to do?

I think i am going to stay in Princeton to try something different. I have stayed in Beckley, Charleston, and Parkersburg already. How far is Bluefield from Princeton in driving time? Thanks for all the input

West Virginia
reviews: 1
7. Re: What to do?

Princeton to Bluefield driving time - I think about 15 minutes. The mall sets between the 2. I'd recommend the hotels/restaurants at the Princeton exit over the ones in Bluefield.

8. Re: What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Princeton