We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2006 Vacation in WV Questions

Bridgeport...
reviews: 4
Summer 2006 Vacation in WV Questions

We'll be staying at a Carnifex Ferry Cottage (anyone familiar, there are no reviews)for a week in June, 2006. So far, on our list of things to do:

1)Music in the Mountains Bluegrass Fesitval

2)Cliffside Amphitheatre performance

Would you recommend Hatfields & McCoys or Honey in the Rock?

Also, how far of a drive from Beckley to Mt Nebo since the performance will be over late?

3)Scenic drive to White Sulpher Springs

Looking or interesting "off the beaten path" things along the way.

4)Hiking--any local favorites?

5)Rafting--looking for a good "duckie" outfitter

6)Avid photographer--local favorite spots?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
reviews: 37
1. Re: Summer 2006 Vacation in WV Questions

Cliffside Ampitheatre is about 1 hour from Mt Nebo. I would recommend seeing Honey in the Rock.

"Hatfields" is great too, I just prefer "Honey" Also playing there this summer is "Beauty and the Beast".

Check the schedule for the nights these are playing.

The drive to White Sulphur Springs is pretty no matter which way you go. Interstate is fine. Not much traffic on that highway.Go into Lewisburg for great resturants and lots of very cool shops and art galleries and bakeries.

For Hiking and Rafting and Photo Op's

BE SURE to go to the New River Gorge Bridge Area. (you have to drive over this anyway to get back

to Mt Nebo) Lots of rafting companies and hiking trails. The Gorge Overlook is simply awesome!!

The Sodona Resturant in Fayetteville is great and try "Smokies on the Gorge" Resturant for some great food and also scenic views from their overlooks. Fayetteville has some neat shops to look at also.

Bridgeport...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Summer 2006 Vacation in WV Questions

Sorry Beachlady...I never responded to your tips from March!!! Very much appreciated...and thanks for writing back now in April

Get answers to your questions about Mount Nebo