We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfield Inn Morgantown vs Residence Inn

Which Morgantown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 13
Fairfield Inn Morgantown vs Residence Inn

I've looked at reviews for both hotels. There have been a few bad reviews of the Fairfield Inn siting bug problems, but many really good reviews. I'm thinking maybe just a room may have an issue; the Residence seems more worn from the pics and I'm not crazy about allowing pets. Would appreciate comments from those who have stayed there or live in the area.

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
reviews: 28
1. Re: Fairfield Inn Morgantown vs Residence Inn

I live in Morgantown, but have never stayed at either property. The Fairfield Inn is located in a shopping district that includes Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Sam's Club, Chili's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc, etc. All national chains. It is located right off of an interstate exit, but is not located near the college or town.

The Residence Inn is beside the Hospital complex and football stadium. It is near a shopping area with many local/ interesting restaurants. However, it is not convenient to the Interstate and the area can be confusing to drive around. Restaurants include Pies & Pints, Martin's BBQ pit, Primanti Brothers (from Pittsburgh), etc. http://www.suncresttowncentre.com/

Are you just passing through town and need a place to stay, or will you be on business? The preferred Hotel in town is located near the University and is on the water front. http://www.waterfrontplacehotel.com/ Plenty of shopping and dining downtown, too.

I'd be happy to try to answer any other questions I can for you.

Boston
reviews: 13
2. Re: Fairfield Inn Morgantown vs Residence Inn

Thanks for the info. My husband will be there on business and wants to stay at a marriott property. I think the Fairfield location to interstate is best. The spring hill suites was another option but was totally sold out.

Reply to: Fairfield Inn Morgantown vs Residence Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted