We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

Which Lewisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
staunton, VA
Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

I wish we had read the entire Trip Advisor site on Lewisburg - we'd have avoided the Econo Lodge at all costs! All the negative reviews are still accurate. Unfortunately, on an event-filled weekend, it was the only room available in town. This was the filthiest room we have ever stayed in - kept my sox on all night to avoid the sticky carpet. No soap or kleenex in the bathroom, thick dust everywhere. Management could have cared less. Choice Hotels should be ashamed of this franchise.

Our stay was October 13, 2006

West Virginia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

Thanks for the "heads up". So sorry for your bad experience - hope it did not ruin the other activities for you.

I stayed at the Brier Inn one night a couple years ago. Do not know if it is the norm or if it was a weird occurrence - my stay was following a national night time news TV show about germs on hotel bedspreads etc. Anyhow, everything I set on the bedspread (clothes, suitcase, etc) absolutely reeked -- must have been a disinfectant they used on the bedspread. The items still reeked when I got home. I had to wash everything that had touched the bedspread and spray my suitcase down. I was in a smoking room so maybe it was something they used for smoke or maybe it was to kill germs.

The Brier Inn seemed like an OK place to stay other than that. Nothing fancy but OK. However, after the smell incident, needless to say I did not stay there on additional trips to Lewisburg.

Lewisburg, West...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

New hotel/motels are opening here at a rate of two per year for the past 3 years. We have over 500 beds on any night. Not bad for a town if 5,000. If you stick to the area around I64 you'll get the usual chains with the expected star catagory spreads. Drive into town (just 2 miles south) and I can only recommend the General Lewis Inn, a superb historical hotel with a genuine southern dining room. I've lived here nearly 30 years and never get tired recommending both the accommodations and restaurant to friends.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
3. Re: Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

wolf - I agree about Gen. Lewis Inn.

My parents spent their honeymoon there back in 1944.

My hubby and I went there a couple of years ago for two nights. Wonderful place!! Lovely hosts!!

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
4. Re: Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

Have had a few run ins with rooms in Lewisburg also. Pretty high rates for some very basic and dated rooms.

If "atmosphere" isn't important, the Brier Inn is my first choice when up that way. Decent rates and rooms are nice.

5. Re: Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 05, 2009