We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

Which Lewisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phila, PA
reviews: 37
Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

I'm going to be visiting the WV State Fair in Lewisburg and then traveling west towards the New River Gorge area for rafting, etc. The only hotel rooms I can find are east towards Covington, but I hate to head 30-40 miles in the wrong direction. I don't see any towns on the map along 64. Any suggestions?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
1. Re: Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

Beckley, WV...50 miles west will have the most options. Plenty of

hotels and resturants off of Exit 44. Only 15-20 miles to rafting area.

Hampton Inn, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Days Inn, Microtel, Holiday Inn, Country Inn and Suites.. Super 8....many more.

Oak Hill and Fayetteville, WV are also on the way to the rafting area..(well, that IS the rafting area) so you can check those locations too.

And....check with whatever rafting company you are using...they might have lodging or special rates at some of the motels in the area.

Good luck!

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
2. Re: Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

Best bet in Lewisburg would be Brier Inn. Keep trying them every day. Maybe there will be a cancellation.

15-20 miles west on I 64. Dawson exit. Dawson Inn.

Another 20-25 miles west. Beaver exit. Not sure the franchise. Days Inn maybe. Nice place. 45-60 minutes to Lewisburg. Depending on when you go to fair. Could take as long to get from interstate to fairgrounds as it does from motel to Lewisburg. Earlier you can head into town the better.

RT 219 through Lewisburg and into Ronceverte. Road will split. Southbound will go down one side of fairgrounds. Past fairgrounds. Cuts across and northbound goes up other side.

Bulk of parking is on southbound side. Takes forever to get out of lot and then back around to northbound side.

If staying late for show. Drive around fairgrounds and park on northbound side of RT219. After show. Quick walk to car and already facing out of town.

Phila, PA
reviews: 37
3. Re: Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

Good suggestions and thanks for the heads up on show parking. We do have Lady Antebellum tickets.

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
4. Re: Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

Pretty much anybody with a flat front yard or business with a parking lot will have spots open for a price. Paying a few extra dollars for something on the northbound side is worth every penney.

We park at radio station lot on north side. Short walk north to gate to enter fairgrounds. We plan to drive on past the gate to park and be that much farther out of town after show. Always seem to make automatic turn into radio lot.

Show ticket is also ticket into fair. Didn't realize that our first time. Earlier you get there the more options you have for parking.

5. Re: Looking for hotel/motel west of Lewisburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2011