We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Which Lewisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 25
Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

I need a hotel/motel/Inn in a town or not too far away to stay the end of July to beginning of Aug- every place in Lewisburg is booked and I have to take my daughter to medical school there!!! Any ideas??? I will be driving there but I need to be near for activities with the school for the parents. Thank you !

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
1. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Beckley...50 miles West, might be your best bet. Its an easy drive. Interstate all the way. There is a hotel in Dawson too, off I-64...can't remember the name.

Good Luck!!

(in case you don't know....the hotels are booked because of the PGA Tournament being held at the Greenbrier Resort. in White Sulphur Springs, That area will be a mess traffic-wise!!!)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
2. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

.....and....there are probably some hotels on the Virginia side...off I-64. Maybe someone in the Virginia forum could help.

reviews: 11
3. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

what dates do you need to be here? i mean, specific dates.....?

is there any flexibility in your daughters visit?

Edited: 3:39 pm, May 24, 2010
Hinton, West...
4. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Check Hinton, WV 45 minute drive and rooms remain available at local motels and B&B's. The B&B's are highly rated.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
reviews: 30
5. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Probably not available, but...

www.wvbedandbreakfasts.com/inns/40.html

You might check Covington, Va...about 30 min to the east. Since you are coming from Staten Island area, it looks like you would pass through here on the most direct route.

Another B&B....in White Sulfur springs

http://www.jameswylie.com/

And Beckley is about 50 miles away but there are many hotels there.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
6. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

It may be REALLY hard to find a room...there was a big article in the newspaper today. It says ALL rooms in Greenbrier County are sold out and they are already referring people to connecting counties and Virginia (like Covington). They also have encouraged people to rent out their residences or to turn them into "temporary bed & breakfasts" One 3 bedroom home is renting for $10,000 for the tournament, and a camper with 2 beds for $1000 for 4 nights. Yike! Anyway, the paper says to go to wvtourism.com, move down the page to "What's new?" and click on "Greenbrier Classic Golf Tournament" and then scroll down to "Accommodations." Then click on Downoald accommodations list." Maybe you can find something that way. It lists things in several counties, but no links or prices.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
7. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Not only people who take part in the tournament need rooms, but so do the hundreds of volunteers from all over the state. They are expecting 50,000 visitors per day. Wish I was close enough to help you out.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
8. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

Remax realty in Lewisburg is handling the "rooms in homes" options if you are interested. You might call them... 304-645-7700, although their website doesn't say anything about it. (That was in the newspaper from Broker Martha Hilton.)

9. Re: Help I need a hotel nearby -all are booked in Lewisburg !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, January 10, 2011