Zip Lining In The New River Gorge Area, Lansing, WV

May 2011 provided an opportunity for 6 of us - 2 from Puerto Rico, 2 from North Carolina, 1 from South Carolina and 1 from West Virginia......to get together in WV for fun.

We worked with Ashley at Tree Top Canopy Tours: http://www.newrivergorgecanopytour.com/

She was wonderful to work with and plan our trip to zip line.

The guides, Fuzzy and C4 were beyond excellent in how they took care of us - training us before heading into the woods, keeping the laughter at a high level, and providing a calming hand when any of us might have needed it and I needed it from time-to-time.

Also, there was a guide in training, Gypsy, who was great, too.

In addition to being well-trained to guide us in the zip line experience, the guides also have much knowledge about the trees, plants and animals that live in the the woods.

The zip line experience was FABULOUS! It was a life-time experience and one that although I was shaking, screaming and yelling about when I zipped, I would do it again.

There are several swinging bridges that drape the woods and are part of the zip line tour. Also, hiking in the woods was a special part of the tour.

Just recently, Gravity (a new zip line option) opened. Maybe that will be in our future. I'm still feeling the exhilarating effects of the tree top tour.

If you go with a group, ask for a group picture when the pictures are offered. At the end of the trip, you can view the pictures and decide want may be an option for purchase.

Also, the base camp is really nice and there are great gifts to get for yourself or for friends/family who didn't join you.