We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are Marshall !!

Which Huntington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
We are Marshall !!

Hi,

Probalby a ridiculou question but hear the love i have for this place.

I just wanted to ask how I would go about emigrating and moving to Huntington west Virginia, as I am in love with the place, I am from london in the uk, I am a secondary school teacher, my wife has her own patisserie shop and we have a 5 year old son.

We came to the states for the first time 4 years ago, we went to Boston, then travelled to Chicago and I wanted to make our way to Huntington west Virginia, for one sole reason,

The movie, We are Marshall.

Beautiful movie, tragic story of events but what I saw was a strong "community" which I have never experienced before.

When we arrived I was really hoping that my expectations were not going to be dampened, they were not!

I love the place, I mean absolutely love it, and my wife and I want to move there in the very near future.

Please tell me its possible.

Please

We Are Marshall!!

8 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 37
1. Re: We are Marshall !!

Before I answer, please explain something to me. I looked at your other posts. In the Boston post, you say you have NOT been to the States. And that you have a 2 yr. old son.

I'm just a little confused here. (all the posts are dated today..May 22, 2012)

2. Re: We are Marshall !!

Hi,

My brother and I were using the same account, was just quicker an easier to both ask off of one account, sorry for the confusion.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 37
3. Re: We are Marshall !!

Huntington IS a wonderful, community-minded city. Marshall University is a large part of that sense of community, but there is so much more. I suggest first just googling Huntington, to learn about the history, the demographics, etc. If there is any way at all to come to Huntington during football season, (Sept, thru Nov) that would really confirm the fact about it being such a wonderful, friendly, inviting place to live. I can give you more information if you are really, truly serious about moving there. You can send me a PM if you like.

4. Re: We are Marshall !!

Yes please, I am sincerely interested in moving to Huntington, don't get me wrong, I would not be moving solely for football lol, I love the sense of community and would love to bring up my son in that environment.

I would be grateful to talk to you more.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 128
5. Re: We are Marshall !!

http://www.camdenpark.com/

Camden is a fun park.

Ashton, WV
reviews: 4
6. Re: We are Marshall !!

Intriguing post and would like to help answer some of your questions if no one else has. My husband is an attorney in Huntington and would probably be able to help you with finding the right people to talk to if you are seriously considering the move. You can send me a private message and I'll see what we can do to help. Good Luck!

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
7. Re: We are Marshall !!

Ill throw in two cents worth. Search Putnam County. Teays Valley, Scott Depot, Milton or Culloden areas.

All located conveniently between Charelston and Huntington along I 64. Easy drive to Huntington while tripling your options for employment in Charleston, Putnam County or Huntington markets.

Ona, West Virginia...
reviews: 56
8. Re: We are Marshall !!

I have lived here all my life and have worked all over the country..BUT there is no place like Home..I live in Ona close to the Mall with all its activities...close to I-64 so it is easy to get around...I recommend living between Huntington and Putnam county. or across the River in Southern Ohio,,WE ARE A TRI-STATE AREA.Huntington has an Art Museum ,The Ohio River and 3 hours or less to Lexington Kentucky or Columbus Ohio....You have to travel to Summersville Lake ,Hawks Nest,and the New River Gourge..(They close the Highway once a Year to let people jump from it)....The mountains are beautiful and you will not meet any better friendly people..There are places to dont go to no matter where you travel...So just be aware of your surroundings..OH Btw, I graduated from Marshall and so has several of my family members..so we understand what it means to say..WE ARE MARSHALL!!!

Reply to: We are Marshall !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Huntington