We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

destination after fayetteville?

Which Fayetteville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
destination after fayetteville?

hi - we're heading to fayettevile WV for an event & would like to go to another charming town after that -- suggestions anyone? probably would like to stay within a few hours drive, if possible.

4 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
1. Re: destination after fayetteville?

May I ask when you are coming? There are all kinds of events and festivals going on all over WV in October. The first other charming town that comes to mind is Lewisburg. It was voted Americas Coolest Small Town. It is similar in size to Fayetteville, but has a lot more shops and resturants along its main street. (Washington St.) It is less than an hour and a half from Fayetteville. (two ways to get there...one Interstate, the other more scenic..google maps to see)

http://www.lewisburg-wv.com/

Waynesville,NC
reviews: 21
2. Re: destination after fayetteville?

If you are coming soon, check out the fall foliage reports from the WV tourism website. Many areas near Fayetteville are getting to be very, very beautiful & their reports are very accurate. WV is lovely this time of year-enjoy your trip!

rhinebeck
reviews: 39
3. Re: destination after fayetteville?

Going to Fayetteville soon. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant and any good antique or junk shops? Thanks!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
4. Re: destination after fayetteville?

Patricia here is a list of great resturants in Fayetteville. I've been to the first 4 on that list..all very good! tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g59058-Fayettevi…

Not sure about antique or junk shops there...but I'm sure they are some sprinkled all along the Main St. in Fayetteville. Just wander around, you'll find them. In Beckley...20 miles or so south on Rt. 19, there are a few as well. One just off Exit 44 of I-77. Beckley Antique Mall. There is also Nancys Attic on So. Oakwood and a big one in Beaver, WV (not sure of the name...maybe Beaver Antique Mall) Also one on Robert C. Byrd Dr. in Beckley.

Have fun!

Reply to: destination after fayetteville?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fayetteville